Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

RandomCheese posted:

There is officially no need for the Kaossilator hardware to exist anymore.
Except for the whole physical buttons, switches, dials, and input and output ports and reliability thing, yeah, you're totally right!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat
FYI: Reactable is on sale for $5 now.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat
Tabletop is a dollar right now.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

TheNinjaD posted:

Thanks for the information. I hadn't realized that at a glance and that makes me really reconsider buying it, even for $1.
If it makes you feel better, it comes with half of them instead of just 1 or 2

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

FLX posted:

Heh, Animoog went up to $30 and dropped down to $0,99 again, a couple of hours later. What happened there?
They did say it would be a dollar for a while, and that the price would rise to 10 McRibs later.

Also, it is awesome.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat
The TNR-I tenori-on app is $10, first time it's been on sale from the usual $20. Anybody have any experience using it?

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat
Filtatron is currently free.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

nrr posted:

The Jam plugs into the lightning socket/port instead of the headphone connector, so yes the headphone connector is free to use for headphones but these apps also are capable of outputting audio to the iPad's main speaker as well. It just seems weird to me why any other audio that is played through the speaker or headphones can be routed to bluetooth headphones, yet Ampkit and Amplitube cannot.
It depends on whether the app enables it or not, but audio through bluetooth on iOS devices has some pretty lovely lag so it would be horrid for live playback, which Ampkit/Amplitube are primarily meant for.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

iostream.h posted:

What's the best option to plug a guitar into a Lightning Connector these days? I've has the old analog iRig and just can't deal with the feedback issues.
Get a copy of Rocksmith w./cable off of Amazon($30 for PC version, PS3 and 360 versions would be fine too) or search for a "USB guitar adapter"($10-$20, don't know what quality is like) and plug that into a USB to Lightning connector($25ish). Note that this is mainly for iPads, whereas I think iPhones will just reject the connection because it requires too much power.

Alternatively, you can get an Apogee Jam, AmpKit Link HD, iRiffPort, Line 6 Mobile In, etc etc, though most of those run around $100 and you'll still need a 30-pin to Lightning connector.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

iostream.h posted:

Yes, this will be primarily for an iPhone.
What about the new iRig to Lightning jack? It doesn't require a 30 pin adapter and is about the same price as the others, is it crap?

I'm not looking to do crazy good production (yet), just a basic scratchpad to piddle on.
iRig HD seems fine, but I'd personally spend another 10 bucks to get the AmpKit Link HD because it has output jacks and doesn't have proprietary cablesgod loving dammit people no it actually does have a proprietary cable and jack :negative:

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat
Audiobus is free right now if you somehow don't have it already

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat
Sample tank is free right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU