Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheNinjaD
Aug 14, 2010

Go Ninja, Go Ninja, GO!

jakewastaken posted:

You can make full songs in iElectribe, it's just a little trickier than making straight forward loops. That program rocks.

I think the original is better than the Gorillaz branded version based on what I've seen.
Yes and no. Even if it's full song length and has different parts, as long as it's a prerecorded thing, I think of it like a loop. It doesn't have the means to be changed live, while you're playing something else. That's what I mean. My "band" has been programming full songs using it and not looping anything.

I wanted the Gorillaz one but it has a major problem. All the samples in it are consider copyrighted. If you were to use that app to make beats for music, you would have to get permission to be able to sell it. A minor thing that doesn't matter to most people here, probably, but points against it in my book.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheNinjaD
Aug 14, 2010

Go Ninja, Go Ninja, GO!
The iRig is a great option for cheap recording, though.

TheNinjaD
Aug 14, 2010

Go Ninja, Go Ninja, GO!
Is anyone else having trouble with Animoog not making any sound?

EDIT : Figured it out. It had the "Background Sound" or something like that on by default.

TheNinjaD fucked around with this message at 07:15 on May 31, 2012

TheNinjaD
Aug 14, 2010

Go Ninja, Go Ninja, GO!

Pingiivi posted:

Here's some footage of the Ninja Jamm app that the Ninja Tune dudes are making: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=is8cYKpuAZs
That looks pretty cool.

Does anyone here have any experience with 76 Synthesizer?

• Locked thread