Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
W424
Oct 21, 2010

FLX posted:

I just checked out Waldorf's Nave synth and it's amazing. It has a really nice interface and sounds awesome! You can also map custom MIDI CC's to several parameters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obJCe-omDaU

Hell's yeah, it's pretty much the best synth for iOS at the moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

W424
Oct 21, 2010

Good Will Hrunting posted:

I've been messing with iMaschine on my commute. It's quite fun. I just got an iPad semi-recently and want something similar.

Seems NanoStudio is pretty popular. I'm looking to work with all virtual instruments, so this would be a good choice right? I've read up on them but other than that, I'm not see why it's better/worse than BeatMaker.

I've been using Tabletop with iMPC the most, the free synths aren't nothing special but it can host stuff like iSEM, control outside apps, sample from apps, has a master "scene" sequencer etc.

If they'd make iMPC fully midi mappable it would be just about perfect for me.

W424
Oct 21, 2010

CAT rear end now!!! posted:

Do you have any stuff you've made with Tabletop up for listening anywhere? Cardinal Noire / Protectorate isn't made in Tabletop, is it?

Nope, but I use it live for background ambience, one shots and such. Braps, if you will.

There's about 50 seconds of jamming at the beginning of this clip:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtNMWsqxeVk
The singer gets a vodka bottle handed to him from the audience @ 4:20

W424 fucked around with this message at 12:53 on Oct 23, 2013

W424
Oct 21, 2010
I've stopped using Tabletop (atleast for now) as it seems to like to start crashing when trying to open a project randomly. Last time was a day before a gig, the live set would crash every time. Luckily there was an update the day we were playing but I started looking at other options at that point.

W424
Oct 21, 2010
I took F7HKRYEMN4KT, thanks.

W424
Oct 21, 2010
I don't think I've ever finished anything on the ipad but I export a lot of stuff to be sampled later. I've used it a bunch live for audio and controlling other stuff, I'll be playing Nave at a gig (it will also be clock master for other stuff) this weekend.

W424
Oct 21, 2010

CAT rear end now!!! posted:

drat, KORG Gadget just updated with two new (IAP) gadgets, MIDI control, landscape mode, Ableton Live poo poo, more export possibilities AND 64-bit support!

Lol paying 8,99€ (twice) for importing audio.

W424
Oct 21, 2010

Sizone posted:

I'm hesitant to drop money on lemur

Lemur's sysex was so loving mystical that I never managed to even have it accept a simple string.
I gave up after I was told to create a custom midi object, never figured out HOW or WHERE such an object might be created..

W424
Oct 21, 2010

Sizone posted:

Something that happened a few months ago and I forgot about until just now: touchosc updated to include support for sysex messages. Your dreams of making patch editors for ios may yet some day become reality.

Sweet, I gave up trying to do sysex on Lemur ages ago. Maybe now I'll be able to do editors for non CC stuff and never use them either.

W424
Oct 21, 2010

magnificent7 posted:

Just curious - how come nobody likes Garageband for this stuff? At one point I dove deep into all the other stuff, spent a lot of time on Tabletop, buying the add ons, trying to do stuff, and then came back to Garageband and, well, honestly it's got some really good stuff - the looping, the synth modifying, piano roll... the one thing I'm not thrilled about is the lack of master effects. (This is all on my iPhone, btw.)

What does Gadget or iMaschine or any of those things do above and beyond plain old garageband?

I could never get over the loving stupid track symbols (like a guitar etc) to even try it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

W424
Oct 21, 2010

Electric Bugaloo posted:

It's really super powerful, esp when you consider what a real M1 costs.

I was going to answer "like 50€?" But cheked ebay... so M1's are vintage now :aaaaa:

• Locked thread