Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Panget Ka
Oct 26, 2010

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception.
I didn't see the app SunVox mentioned by OP, but for 4 euro its a really nice "tracker" clone. There is also a free windows, mac and linux version on their website.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panget Ka
Oct 26, 2010

FLX posted:

Updated the OP.

I'll try this out some time. I guess the interface only looks horrible to me, because I'm used to seeing those realistic knob and button graphics, which are probably wasting a lot of screen space anyway. It was a funny reaction though, because I bet if a layman would look at the iMS-20 he'd have the exact same reaction as with SunVox.

By the way, what's the difference between a tracker and a sequencer?

If you're not used to these tracker displays from around when dinosaurs roamed the earth (c64 and Amiga era in my case) they don't make sense at all when compared to a modern sequencer layout.

Panget Ka
Oct 26, 2010

If you're looking for a portable Ableton clone, there is also Electrify for the iPad. It's a bit basic and sample based only, but functional.

Not sure it was worth the 12 euro though, I recommend waiting for a sale

• Locked thread