Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Absolute Zeroes
Apr 1, 2011
Downloading imaschine now. Will add my two pence soon. Hoping it's good, as I don't get to sit in the studio much these days, and nano studio needs a free demo badly before I'll dive in there. For three quid. Let's see what it's got!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Absolute Zeroes
Apr 1, 2011
Had a good go now. It's easy to use but lacking anything like a proper sequencer. So a bit limited. I imagine it would really come into it's own if you owned the hardware versions and could export to them and continue working there. The drum section is great fun. The melody part less so, and could really do with a proper arpegiator to get some riffs going. It has a repeated note function but that doesn't quite act how I'd like it too!

Fun stuff but limited! The sampler is a hoot too!

Absolute Zeroes
Apr 1, 2011

illBilliam posted:

There's a NanoStudio demo that you can download from the dev's website. The only catch is that you run it on your pc or mac but at least you can click around and get a better idea of what to expect out of it.

Thanks for that:), I'll give that a whirl.

Had a couple of days now with the iMaschine, and today really highlighted for me how much is missing from it.

Got myself some awesome little loops of drums and bass and lead going, and really getting into playing with it, then I was like, so now what? And that's the problem, that's it.. you have a short loop you can't actually go any further with. It's possibly a drat nice loop, but that's all folks... You can't even sequence it into a build up and breakdown, and save that.:(

It has got me wanting the full thing for my PC mind you, and I think that's it's intended effect:)

Absolute Zeroes
Apr 1, 2011
Update for djay for iPhone just came up and whilst not strictly a music production app it's changelog contained something very interesting.

Added support for multi route audio in ios 6. This allows using multi channel audio interfaces hdmi audio or a compatible USB audio dock in combination with the devices headphone jack for pre cueing. (dual channel stereo out!!!)

This is why I love apple. This wonderful poo poo just comes out of nowhere sometimes!!!

Absolute Zeroes
Apr 1, 2011

Olivil posted:

They did however remove the analog audio signal path from the new dock connector, meaning devices feeding audio through that must pass it through a DAC or an ADC.
In this case I see no bad though. The dock audio was always the same as the jack audio. Now it can be something else altogether. Will be interesting to see where this can be taken!

• Locked thread