Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Figure is awesome. Cheap, easy to use. Lots of things to gently caress around with. 99 cents well spent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Whats the best multitrack studio program? I'm looking for something like GarageBand that has more functionality, and I don't need virtual instruments.

Nano Studio, FourTrack, Fruity Loops Studio Mobile, or Studio.HD?

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

I'm blown away by JamUP ProXT guitar amp and effects modeling. The sound modeling blows Garage Band, Amplitube, and Ampkit out of the water. Its the best sounding guitar app i've heard on iOS. It has a good effects sharing feature, and it plays in the background so you can record to GarageBand. I'm going to splurge on all the extra amps and stomboxes.

They have a free version to test out.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

mia2000 posted:

Are there any special steps you need to take in order to record guitar playing through JamUP into GarageBand on the iPad? I didn't know you could do that....

Apple just released an update for Garage Band with something called Audiobus, which allows it to record signals from other amps, so make sure that your Garage Band is up to date, also there is an option in AmpUP to run in background that needs to be turned on.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Are there any guitar modeling apps that sound better than JamUP? I've tried garageband, amplitube, and ampkit, so far this one seems like the best. But its been a couple years since i've tested them.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

I bought DM1 in hopes of getting some good acoustic sounding drumkits for rock type stuff, but there's really only a couple that are useable. The rest are suited for electronic.

Are there any other apps that are compatible with Audiobus/Garage Band, that have good sounding acoustic kits?

Also, Garageband seems to do everything I need it to do, but I got some iTunes credit and was wondering if Nano Studio, FL Studio, Beatmaker 2, or any other multitrack app is better than GarageBand, while still being user friendly.

MeatRocket8 fucked around with this message at 10:13 on Jan 13, 2014

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Thanks for the idea. I'll import drum samples into DM1 and see what kind of beats I can get. Cubasis looks good, but i'm just on an iphone right now.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Is there an app that's similar to the drum machine that's built into Amplitube? I like being able to adjust the tempo and fills instead of messing with recorded drum tracks.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

I just got Amplitube 3 and Guitar Rig 5 and I am looking to use them in GarageBand 10.

From what i've learned so far is that people have done this is by making an audio track, and loading Guitar Rig as a plugin. If I am not misunderstood, GarageBand 10 no longer has the ability to load plugins on individual tracks? (something to do with the program being 64 bit and the guitar programs being 32 bit)

I have managed to load up and use the Guitar Rig plugin as a master effect, but obviously that's no good since it applies to all tracks.

Is there just a way I can get GarageBand to record the audio that's coming through my headphone/speaker jack?

also...

I'm looking for a dirt cheap USB Midi Controller to use in GarageBand on my iMac and iPhone to bang out synth and piano riffs, and maybe to tap out drum beats with the piano roll.

So far i'm thinking one of these two:

http://www.amazon.com/Akai-Professi...b+midi+keyboard

http://www.amazon.com/Alesis-Q25-25...b+midi+keyboard

The first has better reviews, but the second has the mod/pitch wheels.

MeatRocket8 fucked around with this message at 08:37 on Jan 24, 2014

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Whats the best sounding small, cheap, solid state combo? Need it for noodling in my apartment where I cant have it louder than TV volume. That meant the twin reverb had to go.

Vox DA5, Fender Mustang I, Roland Micro Cube, Yamaha THR10?

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

What's a good, inexpensive way to get a microphone connected to my iphone for garage band, to record guitars and vocals?

I was thinking of getting an SM57 and then getting that adapter that has phantom power, I forgot the name.

Or is it better to get the microphones that are built for iOS, like the iRig mics?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Anyone know if the original iRig can work with an iPhone 7, using the headphone jack to lightning adapter? If it can work, it would save me $80. The price difference between the iRig HD 2 and the original one.

• Locked thread