Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

plotskee posted:

Wow for those of you using Beatmaker on an iPad, jailbreaking and installing Retinapad makes it SO MUCH more pleasant to use (basically increases the resolution from the default 2x setting, making it look much much nicer and you can actually see waveforms and midi notes and whatnot).

The design does look nice using Retinapad and Fullforce, however all the active buttons and whatnot on my drumpad are still a tiny square (as if they were in 1x mode) clustered together, despite the big graphics of all the buttons, etc...

[Edit:] Seems to be Fullforce, maybe?

Feenix fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Jul 12, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Ah, my bad. I thought Retina allowed the higher rez assets but FullForce got rid of the border of black and the 1x/2x buttons and such.

Didn't know better.

Man, I am SOOOO tempted to get TNR-I, but I know my habits. I get all bonered over an expensive cool app, I play it's face off for about a day, and then the novelty kind of fades. :\

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
As a non-musician who enjoys some of the more 'deep' and cool music apps, should I invest 20 bucks in TNR-i?

I can't stop thinking about it, but it's a lot of money for me to drop to find I bore of it's one gimmick in 20 minutes or something like that.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Oh, somehow I had it in my mind that it'd be more deep or awesome than something like Soundgrid. Guess not?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

FLX posted:

:siren: Aaaaand NanoStudio is finally universal: http://appshopper.com/music/nanostudio

I messed around a bit with Beatmaker 1 (and 2) a bit on my phone, and now I have an iPad 2.

I am not a pro at all, and didn't get THAT far with Beatmaker 1 (or 2) but I can't ever seem to NOT buy music making apps.

Is NanoStudio better than Beatmaker 2? I can't help but want it... (And I guess when I say 'better' I mean 'more capable' and perhaps 'more user friendly for a novice'?)

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I know Figure is kind of a "toy" but all it needs is a way to export so you can share your creations, and it would be perfecto!

Still, it's pretty boss!

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Inelegant though it may be... Is there a way I could (simply) record these awesome Figure beats? I'm making some dandy stuff here and I don't wanna lose it.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

xzzy posted:

The total omission of saving or exporting is a pretty glaring flaw.. I'm going to assume it'll show up in an update in the future because it's kind of a basic assumption that all iOS music apps have export options.

Guess they intended it as nothing more than a jamming tool? Which it's really good at, I'll give them that.

Agreed. But as soon as you make something REALLY catchy, you stop dead in your tracks and don't want to touch the app again because you'll basically overwrite it.

:(

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
What is the best place to upload a short MP3 I made with Figure? Some place that can play it directly without forcing each person to download it? Kinda like an IMGUR but for sound?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Messin' about with Figure:

http://soundcloud.com/feenix/figure-track-i

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

hypersleep posted:

A new breakbeat glitching app is being released soon and looks pretty cool: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QG8UhIGRgGI

OH MY! Whennnnn?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Update on Glitchbreaks. The developer told me on The Twitter that he submitted to Apple last week and it will be $4.99.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

hypersleep posted:

For those interested, the Glitchbreaks app should be available shortly on the app store.

Is now.

You might need a direct link to it, though...

https://twitter.com/distraub/status/195297719399616512

Feenix fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Apr 26, 2012

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Anxiously awaiting Ninja Jamm.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Rap Game Forum Mod posted:

I'm not a DJ Man, but it seems very good to me. Interface is absurdly good + it actually organizes your library + does BPM analysis w/out having to drop the drat tracks in a deck first. I feel like I could learn poo poo with it, whereas DJay just felt worthless to me.

This is 100% my experience, too. It's extremely deep, but as a compulsive (yet talentless) buyer of all cool music apps, the limits of what I can do in say, djay, are pretty confined.

Traktor DJ actually seems smart enough and cleverly designed enough to let me focus more on the creative than the technical.

Freezing sections and playing them like keys is amazing.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
This is all I have to say about Traktor DJ:

I'm a no-talent hack, and I spent 30 minutes with it at Midnight last night while my wife and baby slept next to me and I produced something more than a little rad. (Forgive some of the effects near the end, it was me mostly trying to figure out what some did...)

https://soundcloud.com/feenix/childish-mau5/s-dunXZ

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

slomomofo posted:

Seconding djay 2- Traktor is flashy and all, but the fact that cue points can only be set on its auto beat markers is a huge turnoff for me.

Does Djay2 do that cool auto analyzing/beat matching that Traktor does? (You know, for us talentless goof-offs?)

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Epileper posted:

yes, though you should just learn to beat-match duder it's realllyyyyyy easy. i honestly don't trust most syncing software. pretty much the only things missing from djay2 imo are harmonic mix analysis, support for MIDI as a whole (as opposed to support just for specific controllers), maybe a better FX implementation (no resonance on the filters, what the gently caress?), and maybe 4 decks like DJ Player. DJ Player is quite professional, it has MIDI and wayyy better FX and 4 decks but the interface just doesn't quite flow smoothly for me.

edit: and yeah, one of my main gripes with traktor is that alot of the functionality seems pretty dependent on the beatgrid, like cue points (as someone already said). i like having a beatgrid available but i don't like depending on it.

I love, but suck at, music. So the beatmatching was a fun way to still have a cool mix or make a remix or mashup. I don't have actual tables... I'd love to learn, but these days theres a long list of things I want to learn and time to learn them. ;)

But Djay2 has that? Interesting. :)

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I'm not even good at musics and I think I need to buy this now.

What a loving cool toy!

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

The gadget demo earlier was kinda meh but the demos on korgs website are balls awesome. Wow. Wish I had an Ipad.

Do you have a link to these demos? I'm having the damnedest time locating and I really want to see...

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

xzzy posted:

On one hand I have a hard time trusting official demos because you know they're mastered by some genius who could make nails on a chalkboard sound good.

But on the other hand they sound really goddamn good and I want them.

http://discchord.com/blog/2014/1/31/tutorial-korg-gadget-building-a-song.html

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
As s novice-at-best I gotta say I have endless fun just dicking around with iKaossilator.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

JHVH-1 posted:

iKaossilator is on sale now for half price ($9.99)

What the gently caress...

I have that (have for ages) and I don't think I would have ever bought it for 20. (or that it necessarily warrants that price?)

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

JHVH-1 posted:

I don't know, I just had it marked as wanted and set up an alert for price a long while back and paid $10 at the last sale. It looks like all their stuff is $10 off, so I guess they don't use percentages to do their sales.

Oh I mean it's great! I love it. I'm just shocked the base price for it was so high...

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

theflyingexecutive posted:

So here's something I've been kicking around, done 95% on Gadget: https://soundcloud.com/epaulet/kingfish

I really like it!

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I'm a crazy weirdo who bought into the indiegogo for the Boho Guitar.

What's the best:

1) ipad /iphone app that adds filters to pass through to an amp.

2) ipad/phone app that IS the amp or whatever?

Thanks!

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
This may be the dumbest thing anyone has ever said... but as someone who is poo poo at making digital music, I love iPad music apps. Especially Gadget. Are there any REALLY basic series of "how to use this" videos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Learning how to use Gadget and making good progress... Can anyone tell me why sometimes (right now for example...)all the tracks were muted but they weren't actually muted with the button. and I can't make it come back...

(I don't have function on or selection mode on...)

[Edit] sorry I left a chunk out... Phone postin'. Fixed

I figured it out,btw... All the track thingies at the bottom were slid down and one empty track had gotten "solo" selected.

Feenix fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Jul 8, 2016

• Locked thread