Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate

captain wheeto posted:

Turnado is on sale today, anyone know if it's worth picking up?

Get it. You can do a lot with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

discchord.com and synthtopia.com are ok. Audiobus forums are comparable.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Focusrite ipad dock needs to be out soon. Winter NAMM announcements are the worst.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

This weekend I used my Focusrite iTrack Dock to record guitars, vocals, and midi keyboard with no issues. Pretty cool device.

The only workaround I had figure out was my M-Audio keystation 88es doesn't seem to work through the USB midi port. It works though when I have it undocked and connected through the CCK. I wonder if I just need to power the keyboard with an external source since my rock band 3 guitar that I sometimes use as a synth axe works when powered via battery. I ended up using the Apollo midi over bluetooth app using my iphone to send MIDI to iPad and it worked perfectly. Response was just as fast as direct connection.

Routed everything through Audiobus into separate Auria tracks.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

theflyingexecutive posted:

Anybody using ifretless guitar getting midi feedback? I'm using chordpolypad and all the notes are getting stuck.

Run midivision or similar and see what's going on

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Dr. Klas posted:

Has anyone here had the chance to try Bias fx yet? To me it looks really interesting, but I'll probably wait until the price drops (if it ever does?). Bias is seriously good but to me the effects in JamUp is lacking and this would fix that issue. My biggest worry is whether the iPad starts hitting its memory limit when using it?

If it's like the amp effects, the price will drop in a couple of weeks. I've tried most of the guitar effects apps and I like the tone of Ampkit(well the one I've made); however, Bias's amps are really nice and I've used them to run ampkit effects through.

I've wanted to try the Adrian Belew sponsored effects app but I feel it would just be another app I don't use.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Sizone posted:

spacewiz is broken in 8. rudess will not return my emails

He's too busy demoing other people's apps.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

UncleBlazer posted:

I don't know if this strictly belongs here but what's the best metronome for iOS? I'd like one that can do odd time signatures too

I've liked Tempo Adv since I can make it go from like 90 to 250 BPM every 4 bars or whatever for practicing speed. It does odd time signatures and poly rhythms too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

In garageband, I can't seem to get the inter app tabs to work on the apps. For example, I create a new track in garageband and select bias FX, sound prism electro, etc as the inter app input. So, through garage band I click on the app's icon to take me to said app.

Sometimes I do see the inwrap recording tab stick out but when i try to pull on it, it doesn't bring up anything or snaps back. I have to do the fast app switching (tap home twice) to move around.

Anyone else run into this and suggestions?

• Locked thread