Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Daenn
Oct 17, 2003

If any day is a good day, today is a good day for disaster.

toxick posted:

Am I the only person really liking iSequence for iPad? It's such a great app once you import your own samples. The sequencer takes a few minutes to get used to since it's a bit different from most DAWs but it's really easy to lay down stuff, and effect automation is handled really well. It doesn't get anywhere near enough attention.

I really like iSequence. I'm not a big sequencer guy, but it's great for getting ideas down and the original samples aren't even all that bad. I wish changing time signatures was easier, but you can sort of work around it.

I've actually downloaded a lot of the apps in the OP. I'd like to try Nanostudio but I'm waiting for the iPad version. Studio.HD would be great if they would add a few more effects (namely a compressor).

I like that I can work with ideas in iSequence and then drop them into Studio.HD to get down vocal ideas.

I'm thinking of trying some of the Korg stuff, but I'm not a big synth guy so I don't know how much I'd use it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daenn
Oct 17, 2003

If any day is a good day, today is a good day for disaster.
After a few hours with Garageband, I hate it. It blows my mind that there is no piano roll editor, and that I can see the stupid piano roll in the preview. Why can't I edit that?

If they added that and audio copy/paste, I think I would use it. I mean, it's a neat toy, but I want to be able to actually edit a beat, or import a beat. I don't like the velocity on the drums either. I can never seem to hit the snare consistently.

To be fair, I haven't tried any of the guitar stuff, and the instruments such as the bass are cool. But I'm playing on a drat touch screen. If I can't go back and edit notes in the piano roll, why am I going to bother using this thing?

I'm sad. I was really psyched.

• Locked thread