Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
These are probably dumb questions but do apps like iMaschine2 and Samplr come with samples already or have the ability to record samples? I am worried about the space I have on my iPad/iPhone for storing lots of samples and am just curious how these typically work. Is it possible to connect my iDevice to my laptop and load samples from my computer to my phone?

I am looking for an app that will allow me to sketch out ideas and then push those into Ableton Live and would appreciate any recommendations. I did check out the video for Samplr which looked really cool with tons of ways to manipulate/cut/loop/play samples but wanted to be sure that if I put an idea down in the app, I can get it into my DAW fairly easily.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

Electric Bugaloo posted:

Yes.

There are lots of different ways ranging from Dropboxing/emailing poo poo to yourself to music apps that have their own built in cloud services to using iOS-compatible physical storage media to dedicated routing and packaging apps like Audiobus and AudioShare.

If you're serious about really messing around with this stuff then I'd look into those two apps (Audiobus and AudioShare) in particular. They're a few dollars each and virtually everything works with them. The first one is a routing platform for instruments/effects/recorders/samplers and the second lets you easily move stuff about.

I ended up getting iMaschine2 and am having a blast so far. The step sequencer is a really cool feature and I'm looking forward to uploading a few audio tracks into ableton that I've made. One thing that was interesting and I was wondering if there is an explanation for it is when I play a loop I made in imaschine, the sound is super clean even with a lot of elements. Is there some automated EQing that it does to make sure the sounds balance out? I just know that when using samples in ableton, I have to do quite a bit of EQing to get the right balance. Again, probably a noob question.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

This may/may not be what you are looking for but I found the iMaschine2 to be really easy for sequencing beats/loops. I only used it for sketching out ideas though so don't know if it has all of the features you need (or maybe it has a lot more than needed).

• Locked thread