Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mex
Nov 23, 2004

by Fistgrrl
I need help =(

Is there any way to record sound output from an iPad app to a .wav or MP3 ?

I got Groovemaker for the iPad, it's pretty awesome and there's some cool stuff you can do with realtime mixing.

However, the music export option sucks, because the loops have to be full length and you can't shorten them (ie if you add an instrument you have to wait 32 beats in the sequencer).

I don't have the USB adapter for the iPad, only the default cable and a PC with Windows 7 =/

I've tried looking for apps that record sound but I only find voice note recorders... The app would have to record all outgoing sound from the iPad.

This is on iOS 4.2 if it matters, it must be possible since it has multitasking?

Mex fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Nov 25, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mex
Nov 23, 2004

by Fistgrrl

FLX posted:

How about using a stereo audio cable, connecting the iPad's headphone out to the computer's line in and recording your session with Audacity or the Windows sound recorder?

That's the simplest way but I was hoping for some app that could record sound directly from the ipad, instead of dealing with more cables...

I'm wondering if those note recording apps would work with the multitasking, I'll let you know but if anyone knows of an app like that I'd appreciate it, thanks!

edit: I'm guessing Apple wouldn't like that because I guess you could record stuff from iTunes or something...

Mex fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Nov 26, 2010

• Locked thread