Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rusty Kettle
Apr 10, 2005
Ultima! Ahmmm-bing!
I was thinking about the iPad as a music production tool and was wondering if there are apps that provide the functionality to use an iPhone as an audio input. For example, does Beatmaker allow you to have a headphone splitter hooked up to a couple of 3.5mm patch cables which then serves as a connector between the iPhone and iPad? The splitter is needed so you can actually hear what you are doing. This would theoretically allow the iPhone to use an app without audio saving (like Bebot) and have it serve as input for the iPad's studio apps. Then all the filters and stuff can then be applied.

Is this possible?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rusty Kettle
Apr 10, 2005
Ultima! Ahmmm-bing!
Awesome! This is exactly what I was looking for. It is amazing what technology can do nowadays. I think I am going to try that exact setup with StudioHD.

EDIT: Is the iJam for sale anywhere? I cannot find any reviews either. It looks like it was just showed off at a tradeshow earlier this year, so it might be a couple of months.

Rusty Kettle fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Apr 30, 2011

• Locked thread