Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JNCO BILOBA
Nov 22, 2005

I've used most things in 8 and never had an issue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JNCO BILOBA
Nov 22, 2005

Sizone posted:

Will you guys give me my 30$ back if you're wrong?

e: let me put it this way, have you Gadget proponents made any music with it?

I made three songs just this weekend with it. My first time. Songs 1, 2, and 4.

https://soundcloud.com/somethingwithturquoise/sets/create-new

By far the best I've used on iOS, I combine it with Cubasis for relatively easy demos.

JNCO BILOBA fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Aug 18, 2015

JNCO BILOBA
Nov 22, 2005

UncleBlazer posted:

I don't know if this strictly belongs here but what's the best metronome for iOS? I'd like one that can do odd time signatures too

I use Tempo for its simplicity when I teach and Pro Metronome for gigs or trying to do odd things for practice.

JNCO BILOBA
Nov 22, 2005

Patterning is instant fun in a similar way to samplr

JNCO BILOBA
Nov 22, 2005

Just popping in to say I can't stop playing with the (goon made?) TC-11.

JNCO BILOBA
Nov 22, 2005

Is anyone making use of the iPad live loops feature on Garageband's app using non-apple loops? I'm going to see about messing around with that, you know, because of the implication.

JNCO BILOBA
Nov 22, 2005

All three are great for different reasons. I really like samplr but have had awesome results with the other two.

JNCO BILOBA
Nov 22, 2005

Has anyone messed with Ableton Link yet? I just saw that Gadget has a setting for it.

I'm also trying to link my Animoog/TC-11 on my iPad mini into Live via a Bluetooth/Midi/Local Network connection but so far have not had anything work, is anyone aware of a simple way to do this? I'm thinking my iPad model might be old for Bluetooth Midi? It's model ME276LL/A.

JNCO BILOBA
Nov 22, 2005

Is this something the camera converter adapter thing would be good for? I had a third party connector but couldn't make that work.

JNCO BILOBA
Nov 22, 2005

I've found a few on YouTube that go over what some of the gadgets do but really playing around is the only thing that's helped me.

JNCO BILOBA
Nov 22, 2005

Anyone ever use Sparkle? Apesoft has interesting stuff but the online "tutorials" leave a lot to be desired. I've been trying to import samples while screwing around for what feels like two weeks.

JNCO BILOBA
Nov 22, 2005

Has anyone ever messed around with Mogee? I'm past that point now but I'm wondering how much of a novelty it is vs professional use. I still think it would be fun for live performances.

JNCO BILOBA
Nov 22, 2005

Samplr may be easier for something like that, in my experience.

JNCO BILOBA
Nov 22, 2005

I just now realized that fugue machine connects to almost every synth I have.

Baroque party over here.

JNCO BILOBA
Nov 22, 2005

New new Korg Wavestation app is so fun it's almost overwhelming.

JNCO BILOBA
Nov 22, 2005

That Arp Odyssey Korg just put out sounds excellent.

JNCO BILOBA
Nov 22, 2005

Bobcats posted:

Can anyone recommend a little keyboard for Gadget with stopless knobs? Would buy the Korg Studio one but I read switching from instrument to instrument changes the settings because the knobs aren't motorized and run 7 to 5 o'clock

That's disappointing to hear. I'm thinking about picking one up as it seems pretty intuitive for exactly what it's supposed to do, but it doesn't seem like it would be easy to use outside of its limited focus.

Has anyone tried Chordflow? I picked it up a couple weeks ago and am just getting into it. I like that its Link enabled and is easy to use with all my synth apps.

JNCO BILOBA
Nov 22, 2005

I have all the optional Gadget stuff and have for a while. I would say the Arp Odyssey sounds incredible, and the Wavestation is super fun. It's mostly just a taste thing. I haven't experienced any "hidden features" so to speak. The Arp Odyssey has some cool sort-of arpeggiated stock sounds on their own. And you can do a lot of really interesting stacking with the Wavestation. Between those two you have a lot of versatility.

The iM1 has a higher learning curve but if you're willing to read manuals it's really powerful in its own right.
Module sounds gorgeous for classical piano sounds, particularly on an app, but I've literally never ended up using them with my style.

Bilbao and Abu Dhabi I bought right when I got Gadget and I don't think I'd like it nearly as much without them. Bilbao especially. Importing your own samples and being able to treat them with the effects in app has been awesome. I have really only used Abu Dhabi for a couple things but it's so intuitive and relatively powerful I would say it is worth it.

Kamata has a fairly diverse range of sounds for what it is, though I haven't found a lot of use for it in my own personal projects. I can see how someone could get a lot out of it though.

All are good deals with the current sale.

JNCO BILOBA fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Aug 11, 2017

JNCO BILOBA
Nov 22, 2005

Anyone play with the new Korg synth they just dropped? I like it but am poor. I'm also glad they fixed the count-in in Gadget.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JNCO BILOBA
Nov 22, 2005

Ok well I bought it anyway and I want to say that it is the Best Thing.

• Locked thread