Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bloodpet
Aug 16, 2004
Why?

razz posted:

I wish somebody would have talked to me about periods when I was a kid. Neither my mom or dad ever did, I had to figure it out all by myself and was too embarrassed to ever ask my mom so I just stole her pads for like two years until I figured out tampons. I never even told my mom when I first started my period, for all I know she probably thinks I never even got mine and now I'm 24.

I thought I was the only one! Awesome, I feel less weird now!

Also,

spatula posted:

^I know someone who uses a cup with their IUD and it's no problem, it's not contraindicated or anything

They told me it was contraindicated. I tried Instead once (horrible, and pre-Paraguard) and they rubbed right where my strings were. My strings have kind of... moved since then. I am seriously thinking about trying a cup. They look softer than the instead cups.

I want to hear from more ladies who use a cup with an IUD... What kind of cup? What kind of IUD? How long?

ETA:

Eggplant Wizard posted:

eta: Okay I'm an idiot, this question happened on the last page with plenty of reassurance :downs: Still, any more reassurance people want to offer, if they haven't piped in yet, is still very welcome :)

Lol, I am way more of an idiot, but drat it, I want to use a cup and an IUD!

bloodpet fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Nov 18, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloodpet
Aug 16, 2004
Why?
Thanks so much, that is what kind I will get!

• Locked thread