Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

"It can't fohm complex machines. Guns and egzplosives havf chemicals, moving parts. It doesn't wurk det vay. But it can form solid metal shapes, like knives and stebbing wepons."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

My designs are weapons designed to murder scarcity.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

SketchUp is the free simple-object-maker I hear the most buzz about. If you use that, it's only a simple six-step process to export to STL. :v:

I recently remembered this cool talk by the founder of Cloudfab about manufacturing's brave new frontiers. This seemed like the thread for it?

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Here's a new super-small model from Vienna. It runs almost five grand, but it's apparently got resolution of a twentieth of a millimeter!