Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

unexpectedly
May 20, 2011

techknight posted:

i.materialize is the third main 3D-printing-and-more-on-demand service. They do some serious poo poo. They 3D printed The Thinker to help repair one of the statues that was stolen and hacked to pieces for scrap: http://i.materialise.com/blog/entry/3d-printing-rodins-thinker

I recommend Ponoko by default just because I write for their blog, but I haven't actually printed anything with any on-demand service yet. I just did these replacement analog sticks on my MakerBot (and wrote a post about them)

Wow! They are spendy... I've got a part that I want to prototype and am about to buy/build a rapman or a rep-rap mendel to print it. A rep-rap will require 3 pieces to be made then glued together. (Not sure about on a rapman) So is an L shaped thing that's 9 x 8 inches and 5 inches tall. Not very intricate... ~$2k from i.materalise and $4500 from Ponoko.

Just thought I'd share that...

:) Chris

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU