Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

Wait, is the book coming out in March or November?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

Dramatika posted:

March - the book that was pushed back to November was the new Scott Lynch book we got derailed on

Sweet. Thanks for the clarification.

Also who cares if the author is in love with his own character. The story he writes around him is great, and it reads wonderfully.

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

My guess for the Felurian part is that Rothfuss at some point, like many of us do, took mushrooms and played around in the forest.

The only problem is that in this section about him learning the magic of the fae and interacting with the omniscient-tree he has to have that weird sex fantasy.

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

Ornamented Death posted:

On the flip side, how many fantasy and sci-fi authors don't have issues?

Brandon Sanderson seems like he's too busy writing to pack his closet with any skeletons. Unless you consider Mormonism an issue (which it eventually became for Orson Scott Card).

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

Patrick Rothfuss just shared this image with "This. One thousand times this." as the only comment: http://rosalarian.tumblr.com/post/78124344560/feminism-is-having-a-wardrobe-malfunction-does

Feminism is doing whatever you want, especially if it's going topless.

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

So I just popped in the audio book for Name of the Wind after years of reading both books. It's been pretty good up until the troupe gets murdered, then I remember Tarbean being a lovely interlude, and the Arcanum/Academy/Wizard School being where it got good again.

So I have two questions for this thread:
1) What chapter does he leave Tarbean so I can just skip to that
2) Is there any timeline whatsoever for when the 3rd book of Kingkiller will be out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

BananaNutkins posted:

There is one legitimately good bit in TNoTW, and that is when Rothfuss jumps off the roof trying to learn the name of the wind and breaks his legs.

The actual playing the sad song for his Talents was also a good scene, but then ruined by ~*Denna*~ showing up soon afterword and needing so long (a chapter and a half) to describe a beautiful, dark-haired girl that I invented details about her and had so long to visualize those details that by the end I had guessed wrong but tough poo poo I'm not reading that through again.

• Locked thread