Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
I'm kind of surprised that since showing pictures of Rothfuss seems to be the ultimate proof of something or other, nobody has posted this:

http://www.jimchines.com/2013/01/group-cover-pose-reveal/

I personally think it's awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Basic Beater posted:

Please, someone with the audiobook give us a sample of the pig farmer chapter.
Bahaha, it was pretty great.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
edit: weird nevermind, the thread didnt' refresh right and I responded to something that'd already been clarified.

coyo7e fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Feb 25, 2013

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Rime posted:

So guess who's writing the new Torment game. Suddenly I am glad I didn't back that, and I wonder how this will effect the lead time on the next book.

:pwn:
He's not writing the whole game, I believe it was something like 15,000 words, which is more like one party NPC character's optional/story dialogue, or a long side quest.

the link posted:

“We don’t want you to write *all* of game,” Colin said. “Maybe just a side area. Subplot. A piece.”
Do never write all of game. :colbert:

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

BananaNutkins posted:

Legend of the Seeker is great fun as long as you realize it's Xena 2.0. Bruce Campbell was even involved.
It really was just that, - except with a guy instead of a hot woman - the first season especially was just beefcake shots of the guy who played Richard and his oiled, borderline ridiculous musculature.

I just watched it because of Kahlan's costume, and the gyrocopter captain. v:shobon:v

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Above Our Own posted:

The confessor was hot as heck though ???
She wasn't the one who was topless half the time, though! :(

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
You know what I would like to read? The Name of the Wind, except replace the protagonist with Nicomo Cosca, post-Best Served Cold.

There is an unreliable narrator I could get behind. But do something about that rash man, geez.. :suspense:

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
Perhaps you could elaborate by providing examples of sex in books where you don't "cringe". Because I'm royally tired of that complaint from goons.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Dienes posted:

Kvothe cosplayer:

I love the idea of Kvothe being distinctly goonish. From now on, this is how I'm picturing him. In dark alleys with Auri. Following Denna around. In the arms of Felurian.
Just put this into the OP.

Which came first - the lute or the cosplay? :banjo:

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
She forgot her inhaler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Above Our Own posted:

I don't know, a lot of that article is TV tropes level "analysis" and stretching really far to connect things. Like
From what I recall of mythology and 'magical' lore, is that silver or gold sickles are used to harvest special/rare/magic herbs (such as mistletoe) during a full moon and poo poo.. I don't recall much about regular sickles being moon-related. You can't harvest wheat at night.

• Locked thread