Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

OPENING MY TAI CHI IS ABOUT AS APPEALING AS THE GOATMAN OPENING HIS ANUS

Pompous Rhombus posted:

I really want to believe that Kvothe is an unreliable narrator, but there's not a great deal of evidence to support it, and actually a fair bit against, as other people have mentioned. It's a shame, because thematically the book really set itself up well to explore the idea of legend vs personal mythos vs truth/reality, and squandered it entirely.

I really, really wish that Rothfuss had explored this angle more. I wish that the Chronicler was an actual journalist and had done some research on Kvothe.

If he included little author's notes along the lines of: "Spoke to Elodin, doesn't recall Kvothe being an exception student or jumping off a roof or being expelled", it would make the novel so much more compelling.

It's just somewhat baffling that no person has any knowledge about Kvothe. If he's such an amazing, world-renown figure, you think the Chronicler would interview other people.

Maybe every chapter include a little interview with someone that Kvothe knew in passing or something that can relate the real identity of the character.

But, NOPE TOO BUSY WRITING ABOUT CREEPY DEER ANALOGIES

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread