Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

SpacePig posted:

This is more or less true.

Thanks for all of the recommendations. I think I'll end up trying out Sabriel and Mistborn first. The Wikipedia page for Mistborn has a goddamn chart to describe the magic system, so I know it's probably worth checking out.

Codex Alera has a better handling of charecter than Sanderson, and although it doesn't delve overmuch into the mechanics of its magic airbending pokemon "furycrafting", the books are largely about a guy taking the existing magic system and snapping it over his knee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

BananaNutkins posted:

Codex Alerra were very mediocre.

Each book recapitulates the last.

The big plot twist hinted at in book one, re-hinted at in book 2 to the point of insulting obviousness, is finally revealed in book something to be exactly what you expected.

The magic system, while initially cool, is disappointingly utilized.

It's not re-hinted in book 2, it's openly spelled out. I agree with you about the later books retreading the same ground a bit - books 4 and 5 didn't really add much to Tavi's arc, but I think they were worth it for the Fidelias and Aquitane sections. It's refreshing to see villains who give the whole "I'm doing this for the good of the realm" speech, and then actually mean it.

I wouldn't say the magic system was underutilised, were you expecting more than the giant sunlight death laser?

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Benson Cunningham posted:

It doesn't quite work like that after you hit #1 on NYT bestseller repeatedly. Rothfuss is a huge cash cow for his publisher now, even if he takes X years to release.

And if anyone thinks Rothfuss is sitting down and writing 8 hours a day, five days a week, do I ever have some dissappointment to visit on you.

Are there many writers that can keep up that pace? Stephen King and Sanderson maybe.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

anilEhilated posted:

coughEriksoncough
Not to mention his stuff is way above Rothfuss in just about every way.

...Suddenly feeling a huge sense of déja vu here.

Hah,true. Now I'm off to the wheel of Time thread to tell everyone I hate them too.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

anilEhilated posted:

Just to clear up my position here: I frankly don't care how long he takes; I just find the "other writers write/don't write" argument stupid as hell, no matter how it's utilized.
As for the other half, I wasn't aware a discussion thread was reserved for people who are in favor of the topic. My interest in this thread has been - for quite a while now - trying to figure out how the hell did this get so popular; I don't really see it as less valid than any other point of view presented here.

Oh I wasn't having a go at you. I was making fun of my own tenancy of swinging into threads and complaining about books that I've devoted unhealthy amounts of energy to.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

anilEhilated posted:

Holy poo poo this looks bad. It's made in RPG maker, has all the modern buzzwords ("open-world", "roguelike", "crafting") and the most generic setting possible.
What I'm saying is this looks horrible even without Rothfuss on the team.

How can it be open-world AND roguelike? Aren't they different in some pretty fundamental ways?

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

jivjov posted:

It's silence. A cut-flower doesn't make sound, but there's a certain quality of expectation and futility. You cut a flower, it dies. It might take a while to stop looking like it is alive, but it will soon be dead.

Also when the dead flower head hits the ground it makes a really pathetic "whump" sound that you can't hear.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

This thread has inspired me to read Moby-Dick. Good going thread.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Oxxidation posted:

It's been a while since I've read Moby Dick but most of its allegory is pretty front and center. It's dense and wordy in the style of the period, but not an especially difficult read, I think.

If nothing else you can always amuse yourself by looking out for the homoeroticism.

Also the fart jokes!

quote:

Finally, I always go to sea as a sailor, because of the wholesome exercise and pure air of the fore-castle deck. For as in this world, head winds are far more prevalent than winds from astern (that is, if you never violate the Pythagorean maxim), so for the most part the Commodore on the quarter-deck gets his atmosphere at second hand from the sailors on the forecastle. He thinks he breathes it first; but not so. In much the same way do the commonalty lead their leaders in many other things, at the same time that the leaders little suspect it.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Reene posted:

Except that time he used an elaborate meal as a setup for a pun one-liner, which was still totally worth it.

I do not remember this. Refresh my memory?

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

:allears:

Lies really was a delightful book.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

anilEhilated posted:

The Kingkiller Chronicles not making sense? Surely you jest!

Chronicle. Just the one. Which sounds incredibly unnatural to my ear, and might not even be grammatically correct.

Just like the rest of his writing.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Atlas Hugged posted:

Robert Jordan did this to describe his sword fighting forms and it was pretty effective.

He at least put vague descriptions in, and the names were a lot more intuitive.

Sheathing the Sword owned every time.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Oxxidation and BotL - I'm an uncultured barbarian who thinks hating WoT makes him an intellectual - can you point me to some prose with a good rhythm for comparison? Or a link to an earlier post if I missed you talking about it.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

SpacePig posted:

I'm glad an off-hand joke of mine lead to somebody registering an account. Neat.

I've not been this delighted since rickon walnutsbane Groovelord Neato registered.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

BananaNutkins posted:

:barf: Pat posted an update :barf:

About Tak. His new kickstarter.

Tak does not look beautiful.

Tak looks like two stoners dumped one of those Hillshire Farms smoked sausage gift baskets onto a chess board and started playing klingon tri-D checkers with the stacks of cheddar/crackers/processed meat and took the occasional bite out of the pieces.

Even the waitresses in his blog are fictional stock characters.

It does look like a kinda fun game, but christ those pieces are hideous.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

a bit of a chemistry geek posted:

But as I read more it all started sounding like a *huge* pain in the rear end. The books went on and on about about how I’m supposed to check the ph level and… I don’t know, hydroginize things or some poo poo like that.

What it sounds like is a lot of fiddly bullshit work to me, and that’s not what I signed up for. I wasn’t looking for a part time job. I didn’t want to babysit this goddamn thing for 6 months, petting it and taking its temperature and cooing sweet nothings in its ear.

No. I wanted to muck about with glass bottles and tubes for an afternoon. I wanted to make a potion. I wanted to do some goddamn mad science and then not think about it again until the stuff was ready to drink.

I hope his lecturers read this ans send him angry letters.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

ChickenWing posted:

Calling the 'two ships passing in the night' bit plagiarism is pedantic even for you. The phrase and variants have entered common parlance to the point that I'd imagine most people have no idea they have a literary source.

At the same time, presenting a well known idiom as some sort of poetic fantasy reference is terrible and should have been beaten out of him within a month of undergrad.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

A pizzle deemed to fizzle is probably the funniest phrase Rothfuss has managed to produce, but I can't help feeling he's ripping off Spasticus Autisticus

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

quote:

gently caress this book. Don't read it to your kids. That's the short version.

If you want the longer version, settle in. We're going to have a bumpy ride.

Also. There's spoilers here. And cussing. And some indignation. Be warned.

I've always thought of myself as a bit of Roald Dahl fan. I read BFG growing up and loved it. I watched Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and loved it.

But recently, my love dimmed a bit when I read James and the Giant Peach, a book that was a serious boatload of meh. A nickel's worth of story in a dollar-long book.

And don't you DARE say, "Oh it's just a children's book." Or "Kids don't know any better." Or "You can't hold YA fiction to the standards of…"

Stop. Just stop. That's such bullshit that it's an insult to the word 'bullshit.' Kid's books should be just as good as any other books. No. They should be held to a *higher* standard than other literature for the same reason that we take extra care with children's food.

The fact is, what you feed your kids is important, and that includes what they put in their heads as well as what they put in their bellies.

So let's talk about this book: Esio Trot.

In this story, you have Mr. Hopper. He loves two things, the flowers he grew on his balcony, and his downstairs neighbor. Mrs. Silver.

He's terribly lonely and he's terribly shy.

His downstairs neighbor, Mrs. Silver, has a pet tortoise that she adores. The tortoise is named Alfie, he lives on Mrs. Silver's balcony, and Mr. Hoppy is terribly jealous of him.

One day, Mrs. Silver laments to Mr. Hoppy. (They talk while on their balconies. She with her turtle, him tending his garden.) She's had Alfie for eleven years, and he's still tiny. She wishes he would get bigger. "I'd give *anything* to make that happen," she says.

Mr. Hoppy gets all twitterpated hearing this, so he lies to her, telling her he knows a magic spell that will help her tortoise grow. And I quote:

"I beg you to tell me, Mr. Hoppy. I'll be your slave for life!"

When he heard the words your slave for life a shiver of excitement swept through Mr Hoppy.

End quote.

So he gives her some bullshit he makes up, telling her it's a spell he learned from a Bedouin. Then he goes out and buys a hundred tortoises. Then he builds a long grabber arm of the sort you would use if you wanted to, say, steal someone's tortoise off the balcony right below yours.

At this point I thought to myself, "He's not doing what I'm thinking, is he? Then I flipped a couple pages, and told my son that it was bedtime and we'd finish the book tomorrow.

Disappointed, he went to bed. I finished the book.

Here's what happens: Mr. Hoppy spends the next two months slowly replacing Mrs. Silver's pet with progressively larger tortoises.

Mrs. Silver is amazed by this, of course. And out of gratitude, she marries Mr Hoppy.

Then Mr. Hoppy gives away all the tortoises. Including Alfie, Mrs. Silver's pet of 11 years.

Do I really need to explain to anyone that this is hosed up?

Do I feel bad for Mr. Hoppy? This lonely, shy man? Do I empathize with the fact that he loves someone but can't bring himself to tell her? Hell yes. I've *been* that guy. Sure.

But his actions are loving awful here. And their matter-of-factness makes them doubly awful. Hey there lads" it seems to say, "Love a girl? Here's what you can do! Lie to her, trick her, steal from her, make her obligated to you, then you get to be in a relationship!"

And that's not even touching on the subject that Mrs. Silver is shown to be a complete loving idiot, who recites a magic spell three times a day to make her tortoise grow. Then fails to notices when her beloved pet of 11 years is exchanged for a completely different animal, not just once, but several, several times….

Suffice to say the next night when my boy asked to read the rest of the story, I deviated from the original script.

This was made a little more difficult by the fact that the book is heavily illustrated. But even so, I was fairly confident I could do better than Dahl's original "trick her into marrying you" storyline.

In my version, in addition to buying a bunch of tortoises and building a tortoise-grabber, Mr Hoppy also goes to the grocery store and buys a bunch of vegetables. He then spends the rest of the week inventing recipes for tortoises and testing them on his new pets, figuring out which ones are the most delicious to tortoises.

Then, every night, he uses his long-armed tortoise grabber to lift Alfie up to his apartment where he feeds him delicious food. And, as we all know, when you eat more, you get bigger, right?

He discovers that what Alfie likes best is some of the flowers Mr. Hoppy grows on his balcony. The flowers Mr. Hoppy loves.

So Mr. Hoppy uses these flowers from his garden in his recipes. (I described these to my boy in some detail to pad out the story. I am a fantasy author after all.) Mr. Hoppy feeds Alfie every night, and Alfie grows bigger and bigger and bigger…

Finally, Mrs. Silver is overcome with joy and invites Mr Hoppy down to her apartment to show off her lovely tortoise. She thanks Mr. Hoppy for his magic spell, and asks him if he'd like to have tea.

Over tea, Mr. Hoppy says, "Mrs. Silver, I have a confession to make."

"Yes?" she says.

"That spell wasn't really magic," he said. "I just made it up."

"Really?" Mrs. Silver said.

"Yes," Mr. Hoppy said. "I've been feeding Alfie special recipes every night so he would grow bigger."

"Oh Mr. Hoppy," Mrs. Silver said. "I already knew that. But I'm so glad you told me yourself."

"You knew?" he said.

"You silly man," she said. "The balcony is right outside two huge windows, just like yours is. How could I not see you grabbing him every night?"

"Ahhh." Mr. Hoppy said, feeling rather embarrassed. He'd thought he was being pretty clever. "You're right of course. I did. You caught me. But I did it because I love you. I knew Alfie was really important to you, and I wanted you to be happy."

"I know that too," Mrs. Silver said. "I'm so glad you're finally brave enough to tell me!"

Then they get married.

I would have preferred for them to go out to coffee and have a date instead, but there was a picture of them getting married in the book, so I had to leave that part in.

In my version, they also worked together to publish a book of recipes for tortoises, and used that money to start a tortoise park, where Mr. Hoppy put his 100 now surplus-to-requirements pets.

But apparently I was pushing my luck there. When I told him the last part, Oot gave me a look. "Did you make that up?" he asked.

"Ahh," I said. "You're right of course. I did. You caught me. But I did it because I love you.

I feel a published author should be able to give better criticism than "gently caress this book"

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Ah, the Brian Jacques school of fantasy accents.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

anilEhilated posted:

I feel this one would go with the picture fantastically. Might want to include quotation marks for your own safety.

It really does show the problem with Kvothe as a character. I can imagine some curmudgeonly Winston Churchill type character delivering that line and it being hilarious, but in the mouth of a 15 year old it becomes laughably creepy.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Serious question:
Until that bit with the song, did anyone pronounce Chandrian to rhyme with plan?

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Atlas Hugged posted:

See "The Baroque Cycle".

Or SAs own The Traitor Baru Cormorant - renegade feudal economist.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

SpacePig posted:

This is, no poo poo, something Rothfuss asserts himself in this week's My Brother, My Brother and Me. He basically says that his interest in economy is what makes his world feel more real. Interview starts about half an hour in, and his parenting stories say a lot about him as a person.

I really wish his kid has just been loving with him to get guilt-presents.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Nakar posted:

I'm not gonna pass judgment or anything but that doesn't sound like a good thing.

It also doesn't feel the need to explain, either explicitly or by inference, basic things about it's world. I gave up after 3 books, and still don't know where wizards come from.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

anilEhilated posted:

I didn't need to know where the wizards came from to enjoy it. I'll agree it's overwhelming, both with characters and the fact the entire thing is absolutely loaded with foreshadowing and connections you just won't make on the first read.

I like to have some sort of grounding for my characters. Every man and his dog is a wizard of some form or other, and he blathers on incoherently about the mechanics of magic (Quick Ben "folds his warrens inside each other" whatever the gently caress that means) but never feels the need to engage with how characters relate to magic. Does it require years of intense study? Is it some sort of innate gift? Have they stared long into the abyss? Do they apply made-up scientific principles to it? There's mages in all walks of life, rich, poor, noble, priest - but only ever in dribs and drabs. Where are the schools? Where are the teachers, the philosophers? Magic absolutely saturates his setting, but it's never more than some poorly explained macguffin. The closest we get to someone feeling an emotion about magic is book one's "oh golly gosh Miss Tattersail, it sure is handy how you can hurl fireballs"

vvvvvvvvv Oh there's detail. Bucketloads of it. Vast sweeping gallons of it, gushing out of every orifice. "The warren of the Mag'rit Tha'Char, which was destroyed ten thousand and seven years ago by the Consa T'i'ves who coveted the throne of E'ealrazul, and interbred with the Bragan D'che Ch'sha'a', who may or may not be insects, we don't really know" It's like someone was critical of how Sanderson goes into vast detail explaining the mechanics of his magic system, and decided that the only problem was the actual explaining bit.

Strom Cuzewon fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Jul 14, 2016

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

anilEhilated posted:

Fairly sure it's supposed to be confusing and that doesn't necessarily detract from it.

It really does though.

I guess I have two related criticisms

1) The system is incoherent.
The whole idea of Warrens, with distinct natures, that are shared between groups along ideological or cultural lines, is really loving cool. But beyond that we're not given any decent explanation of how or why warrens behave the way they do. In itself this isn't a problem (hosed if I know how Gandalf does his stuff), but when so much of the books - I'm thinking the nature of the Imperial warren and its relation to Kallandor, whatever the gently caress happens with Tellan,Omtose Phellack and the Crippled God - is entirely about the functioning of the magic system, it's a massive hinderance to understanding what's going on. If it was portrayed as a big unknown mystery I would be okay with it, but all the characters act as if they're the ones who have figured it all out, and they're all proven wrong before too long. Which paints the vast majority of them as incompetent bloody morons (see also: the t'lan imass who can't tell the difference between a tower built by not-orcs, and one built by loving dinosaurs)

2) Nobody is actually affected by magic.

Magic in Malazan is one of the major driving forces of the story - the warren of chaos in Dragnipur (how can a warren be in a sword and also elsewhere? doesn't matter, just roll with it) - but it's weirdly inert in terms of characterization. There's mages all over the show, but the fact that they're mages is entirely divorced from their characters - like so much of Malazans pseudo-worldbuilding its something that's just blandly presented as fact, but never feels like it ties in to anything. When a mage can be anything from a semi-pope (Karnadas), to a blue collar soldier (Hedge) to an immortal Drizzt rip off (you know who I mean) then the fact of being a mage no longer adds anything to the story. Compare it to Prince of Nothing, where both the social positioning of mages, and the philsophical/theological implications of sorcery are absolutely integral to Achamians character. In Malazan being a mage is utterly inconsequential.

And if you say it's something that is foreshadowing a later book, or is explained in a yet-to-be-written prequel then I will throw my loving shoe at you. Because after reading seven hundred thousands words of this dross I don't think I'm being unreasonable in saying that poo poo should loving makes some sort of sense. And it doesn't. Malazan is literally madlibs. It;s an unending stream of meaningless nonsense that gets praised as "deep" worldbuilding because he writes about it like an anthropologist.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

And before you ask - yes I have discussed this with my therapist. Because it worries me how much Malazan bothers me.

It bothers me a lot. Like, BravestOfTheLamps is fuckin understated compared to how angry Malazan makes me.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Paragon8 posted:

On the other hand I don't think readers of Twilight, 50 Shades of Grey, The True Blood books etc. were under the illusions as to what they were reading. Urban Fantasy readers are pretty happy with their niche except if you're reading Dresden in which case people are falling over backwards to distance it from the rest of it.

The conversation around Rothfuss especially but exists for GRRM etc. speaks to an insecurity in how fantasy is perceived and the need for readers to hang their hat on a "literary" fantasy novel. NotW is consistently presented as this genre transcending must read book when in reality its about par for the genre.

Fantasy readers don't want good books as much as they want things that check their boxes.

Are they distancing urban fantasy from Dresden, or Dresden from urban fantasy?

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

I popped into the ASOIAF thread, read an extract from a R Scott Bakker novel, I think I like Rothfuss now.

Was it the black demon semen?

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

The classic defence of visual novels.

And of Rothfuss, if any fan had the balls to admit that he' s bad at eroticism.

e:

A familiar pattern:

At least he didn't chortle in preternatural cataracts.

I give Bakker a pass on his clunky writing because the characters and the brooding nihilism is so great. And his wizard fights are the best I've ever read.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

The context, from what I gather, is that the man faces the horror of his family being raped to death by subhumans. A fit of pulp shlock, by all accounts.

quote:

The violence and sex are provocative and transgressive, the basic ingredients of pulp titillation.

I'm not sure I'd describe that scene as titillating - the demonic rape monsters are very Giger-esque, and the description of the family rape is hardly erotic. The line "made a womb of him" may be one of the most repulsive sentences I've ever read.

Bakker has a lot of weird sex stuff, I won't lie. But that scene follows two books of ruminations on morality and the nature of damnation. As it takes place during the fantasy-crusades there's an inevitable amount of rape and murder, which, like most war-rapein war, are glossed over in the name of Religion and Patriotism, so by flipping it round we see the real nature of sexual violence. I'd find it more distasteful if the book featured rape in a simplistic, sanitised way, like Rothfuss does. If your book features atrocities, I think you're obliged to deal with them as atrocities.

Do they need to be quite so grotesque and brutal? He's at the border of justified, and I can never decide which side. The abhorrent nature of the demonic rape monsters is fairly key to the plot (as their philosophy that justifies demonic monster-rape as morally good is sound and logically coherent), and the series' whole approach to religion just wouldn't work in a less nightmarish setting. I'll credit him for creating a genuinely dreadful enemy, instead of a faceless mob of orcs that are evil in an unspecified way. It's a very flawed work, but far more interesting than just pulp shlock.

What was the aSoIaF extract you read? Knowing The Bad Thread, I have a pretty good idea what it was.

quote:

Chapter 89, “A Pleasant Afternoon,” is another stub chapter recounting Kvothe’s second whipping. What’s remarkable is the sheer whiplash of going from murder and intrigues back to Kvothe’s self-contentment. This is perhaps the single most uncomfortable shifts of tone in the novel, so glaring it is. The incredibly obvious option to remedy this is for the narration to state how irrelevant it seems with bodies not yet cold.

Out of all your criticisms, this feels the most damning. You could set up so much uncomfortable tension between Kote's blase attitude and the reality of murder. Instead, Rothfuss just skips along, as if nothing in the retelling has any significance at all.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

What you're missing is that the Black Demon Seed section is that as an atrocity it's completely ridiculous. It's not an alternative to "simplistic, sanitised" depictions of atrocities, it's cartoonish and exploitative. As an exercise in vulgarity, it's very successful: people being brutally raped by subhuman Others (notice the emphasis on "race," and the relevant Wiki tells me that the savage Sranc breed fast). The appeal of it is to be over-the-top disgusting, to see how far it can go, like an Aristocrats joke - hence 'titillate'.

Of course it's ridiculous! It's a reducto ad absurdum of all the ends-justify-the-means philosophies and religions spouted by the rest of the characters for two whole books. That's what we mean when we say it's not schlock when you look at it in context. Is it still overly gruesome beyond what's needed to make an artistic point? Eh, probably.

Ditto the sranc - they're engineered to take sexual pleasure only in violence. It's all the talk about masculine testosterone-driven violence turned up to 11. I think they're the only faceless slavering army that unambiguously aren't a racist metaphor.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

I fully support weaponising BravestOfTheLamps, and would like to see his takedown of WoT.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Atlas Hugged posted:

Wheel of Time actually has a story and characters. Jordan's weird ticks and fetishes aside, that already puts it head and shoulders above Kingkiller.

True, and there are bits of it that are genuinely interesting. But it's diluted through so many chapters of nothingness that it's basically homeopathic storytelling.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Is there are terrible fantasy maps thread?

I like the way the mountains make a perfect border along the right hand side.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Torrannor posted:

At least Wheel of Time had the excuse that they weren't naturally formed mountains, but instead were created when all male mages went insane simultaneously as part of the backstory.

"I have been driven mad by the corruptive taint of Shai'Tan and am laying waste to the world around me. I shall reshape the continent into.....perfectly neat rectangles!"

Would totally read a book set during the Breaking of the World or whatever it was called.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Grenrow posted:

I would love to see someone shred Prince of Thorns the way Kingkiller has been in this thread, but I don't have the patience to plow through all the stupid bullshit in that book again.

The take home message from Prince of Thorns is that if you start your book by paraphrasing A Clockwork Orange then I'm just gonna go read that instead of your poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Who in the gently caress compares Ice and Fire to War and Peace? Do they do anything even remotely similar?

• Locked thread