Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xenix
Feb 21, 2003

pseudorandom name posted:

Don't forget that he's burned out any magical ability he once had and is basically as helpless as the next guy against the monsters he's unleashed on the world.

I read this a while back, but I don't remember this at all. When did it say that?

Juaguocio posted:

All that being said, this series has a ton of potential. Rothfuss could do a lot of interesting things with the frame narrative to mix things up, and I really, really hope he does so.

I'm really hoping that a lot of the things people don't like about it are due to Kvothe, not Rothfuss, being the author for almost all of the novel (akin to how Gene Wolfe's characters are the story tellers most of his works). I'm probably just being overly optimistic and will be utterly disappointed when the second book comes out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenix
Feb 21, 2003

Dershiva posted:

Idle Speculation: Bast is Kvothe & Ferulian's kid.

I'm not sure if he's Kvothe's, but he's related to Felurian. I don't have my books in front of me, but I'm almost entirely certain that Bast's full name included Prince of Twilight. In WMF, Felurian is referred to as the Lady of Twilight. I have a feeling Bast was sent to make Kvothe fulfill his promise to come back and got caught up in the story of Kvothe and would rather stay with him than force him to go back and lose him to Felurian.

• Locked thread