Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?

Fallorn posted:

Just a heads up both of those suggestions are a bit dark.

And both way better. These are literally my 2 favorite series, and Lies only has 2 books so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Brandon Sanderon just posted this on his Facebook. Even he shits on Rothfuss for the Ferulian chapter.

I missed that the first time. Sanderson isn't the type of person to tear someone down.
vvv

LASER BEAM DREAM fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Feb 14, 2013

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Benson Cunningham posted:

I think Red Seas Under Red Skies wasn't as good as well, but it definitely could have been. Don't even get me started on the third book though. It was Lynch's Wise Man's Fear.

I'm with you on Red Seas not beig as good as Lies, although I still really enjoyed it. I'm curious why you thought Republic of Thieves was as bad as WMF. I get that Lockes relationship with Sabetha was as bad as Kvothes to Denna, but the difference to me is that Locke is portrayed as an utter idiot for it, loudly voiced by Jean. I do think that the book could have done with a better caper, though.

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

I feel like a lot of have been spoiled by Brandon "I started a sequel and accidentally wrote its sequel and a novella" Sanderson.

• Locked thread