Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King Crab
Nov 12, 2005

lets pretend i didnt say that and lets als0 pretend it isnt inevitable

Sarchasm posted:

The biggest problem I had with this book that we are constantly told that Kvothe is a genius, and yet his actions never actually reinforce it. He's always doing some damned stupid thing, falling for the most obvious of ruses from his "rivals," and generally being a twat. But it's okay, because the next paragraph is going to tell us how awesome he is. That's what really smart, awesome people do: Fall for obvious scams and then throw tantrums about it.

He's a kid, dude. Kids do stupid things sometimes and then claim that they know everything. That is what happens when you are young.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Crab
Nov 12, 2005

lets pretend i didnt say that and lets als0 pretend it isnt inevitable

Bizob posted:

And he also does do things that demonstrate that he is very talented: earn his pipes on his first try with a broken instrument, gain admission and get the University to pay HIM tuition at an extremely young age, convince the faculty that he shouldn't be bothered to take beginners classes, KILL A DRAGON.

He might be talented at music, bullshitting, dragonslaying and so on, but that doesn't mean he is 100% infallible. Everybody makes mistakes bro.

• Locked thread