Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
coffeetable
Feb 5, 2006

TELL ME AGAIN HOW GREAT BRITAIN WOULD BE IF IT WAS RULED BY THE MERCILESS JACKBOOT OF PRINCE CHARLES

YES I DO TALK TO PLANTS ACTUALLY
He can still do sympathy on impulse:

"They say she-" Chronicler's words struck in his suddenly dry throat as the room grew unnaturally quiet. Kote stood with his back to the room, a stillness in his body and a terrible silence clenched between his teeth. His right hand, tangled in a clean white cloth, made a slow fist.

Eight inches away, a bottle shattered. The smell of strawberries filled the air alongside the sound of splintering glass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coffeetable
Feb 5, 2006

TELL ME AGAIN HOW GREAT BRITAIN WOULD BE IF IT WAS RULED BY THE MERCILESS JACKBOOT OF PRINCE CHARLES

syphon posted:

Book 3 has a lot of ground to cover. TOO much ground, in fact.

There's no way it can be resolved; the books of the series are entitled Days 1 & 2 of the Kingkiller Chronicles, and the loose ends of the frame story (the box/the war/the scrael) can hardly be resolved in the single Day 3.

So unless there's a sequel series planned where Kvothe goes out and rights his wrongs, it's got to end with him permanently disabled somehow. The only way I can see that happening is if he kicks it or returns to Felurian, and my god I hope it's the former.

coffeetable
Feb 5, 2006

Democratic Pirate posted:

Denna is the moon but Auri got split off from her and is hiding at the University being all weird and then Kvothe ends up in a threesome with them and binds them back together using his magic fairy sex powers :spergin:

I felt uncomfortable writing that.

Then I'm afraid you have no future in writing self-insert fantasy.

coffeetable
Feb 5, 2006

syphon posted:

For good or for ill, World Building is a very prevalent part of modern fantasy novels, so I think it's expected to see some massive tomes like we have been. Some people hate it. Some people like it.

If world building is adding hundreds of pages to a novel, then it's being done badly. Not that it applies in this case, since TWMF's bloat wasn't because of world building but because the plot meanders through a lot of boring poo poo.

• Locked thread