Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the-jam
May 20, 2003

Kick Out the MC5

Teek posted:

Good lord. "Marcel’s Quantum Kitchen"? Who at the network thought that was a good idea?
When I saw the name I thought maybe it was about trying bizarre cutting edge tech to prepare food or using high end chemistry in the kitchen but no it's pretty much just a Dinner Impossible clone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the-jam
May 20, 2003

Kick Out the MC5
The Green Hornet marathon today has been pretty awesome. Although the series gets really repetitive when you watch a bunch in a row. It will be fun to catch a random episode here and there when they start airing it regularly.

the-jam
May 20, 2003

Kick Out the MC5
Syfy is making another of their so bad they're awesome classic tale reimagining miniseries this year. The new one is apparently a prequel to Peter Pan called Neverland and well let me just post the description:

quote:

Written and directed by Nick Willing, Neverland centers on Peter (Charlie Rowe) who, along with his pals of young pickpockets, have been rounded up by their mentor Jimmy Hook (Rhys Ifans) to snatch a magical orb which transports them to another world - Neverland. Filled with white jungles and imposing cities formed out of trees created by Dr. Fludd (Charles Dance) and inhabited by a colony of tree spirits led by Tinker Bell (Keira Knightley), this mysterious realm welcomes unknown friends and enemies snatched from time. These include power-mad Elizabeth Bonny (Anna Friel) and her band of 18th century pirates who search for the answer to eternal youth, a secret guarded by a Holy Man (Raoul Trujillo). As the fight to save this strange and beautiful world escalates, Peter and his crew consider that growing old somewhere in time could be less important than growing up—right here in their new home called Neverland.
There's always the danger this might swing back over into being just bad but should be worth checking out just for the ridiculousness.

the-jam
May 20, 2003

Kick Out the MC5

Young Freud posted:

Keira Knightley? really?

I'd say the same for Charles Dance, but he's slummed around in the Ali G movie and I, Claudius was such a long time ago.
She's only providing the voice. Actual Tinker Bell will be CG, so it's a minor commitment.

the-jam
May 20, 2003

Kick Out the MC5

Johnny Longtorso posted:

The irony there is the Fox Reality Channel lasted for about five years, then was re-branded as National Geographic Wild.

But yeah, the only theme channel I can think of off the top of my head that still sticks to its theme is the Food Network, and even then it's "ultimate pastry showdown!!!!11" poo poo half the time.
The networks's with really weak themes that lend themselves to cheap reality shows like Food Network, Animal Planet, HGTV, etc. stick to their themes.