Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Minotaurus Rex
Feb 25, 2007

if this accounts a rockin'
don't come a knockin'
How do you do fellow kids, I’m looking for a cheap and cheerful e-reader to get started with. Never used one before that I can recall so would be nice to find one that’s got enough good features to whet my appetite but still cheap enough that my broke rear end can afford it. Any suggestions? Danke!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minotaurus Rex
Feb 25, 2007

don't come a knockin'
I considered a tablet but since this is yet another screen I think the priority would be how easy it was on the eyes. So.. it’s looking like Amazon (drat it) really I guess as they got that e-ink and also as I already have quite an Audible collection

Minotaurus Rex
Feb 25, 2007

don't come a knockin'
I’ll keep an eye out then I suppose around Mother’s Day. I’m in the UK so we have a slightly different date for Mother’s Day but it’s usually in the vicinity of Mother’s Day USA (and sometimes I wish my mum a happy Mother’s Day USA lol)

Minotaurus Rex
Feb 25, 2007

don't come a knockin'
Thanks for the in-depth response by the way!

Minotaurus Rex
Feb 25, 2007

don't come a knockin'
Is a Kobo Nia a good buy for the price or is there something better? Must be able to import 3rd party ebooks, have a backlit screen, e-ink and good battery! And no freakin’ ads of course!!!

Minotaurus Rex
Feb 25, 2007

don't come a knockin'
Anyone know if there’s a significant step up between the Clara 2E and the Libra 2? Worth that extra 20 quid? Thanks goons

Minotaurus Rex
Feb 25, 2007

don't come a knockin'

Silly Burrito posted:

1" bigger screen, 16GB more storage and physical page turn buttons. Is that worth it for you?

Probably. I’m not familiar with eReaders so I don’t really have a frame of reference as to what’s good

Minotaurus Rex
Feb 25, 2007

don't come a knockin'
Oh man just when I was gona pull the trigger on the Libra 2 I had to notice you can get 2.5 of the 10th gen paperwhites for the same price.. drat decisions like this. Apologies for all the questions but is the Libra a lot better than a humble 2nd hand paperwhite? I’m so bad at making decisions like this

Minotaurus Rex
Feb 25, 2007

don't come a knockin'
Hell yeah, ordered. Appreciate the advice, thanks! gently caress Amazon!

Minotaurus Rex
Feb 25, 2007

don't come a knockin'
Any need for a screen protector or will a case suffice? Looking forward to getting my ebook on

Minotaurus Rex
Feb 25, 2007

don't come a knockin'
I’ll check it out, thanks again!

Minotaurus Rex
Feb 25, 2007

don't come a knockin'
Oh yeah I got the Libra 2 and it’s great! Easy on the eyes! The buttons were worth the extra cash! Gona read hella more with this, thanks goons!

Minotaurus Rex
Feb 25, 2007

don't come a knockin'

Rand Brittain posted:

Don’t forget to install KOreader.

Who me? What is it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minotaurus Rex
Feb 25, 2007

don't come a knockin'
I’m loving the ebook thing. This is so much better than paper books imo, you can carry them all with you, read in the dark, hold it with one hand and on your side lying down.. just ergonomically it smacks the poo poo outta paper. Not to mention you can carry loadsa books at once, travelling with this things going to be sweeeet. Definitely consider me an ereader convert