Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dead Nerve
Mar 27, 2007

Got a kindle 3 for Christmas and its awesome. I love the new pearl screen. I gave my dad my old Sony 300 and hes thinking about trading it in for $75 credit towards a 350. He's wondering if anyone knows how the trade in works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dead Nerve
Mar 27, 2007

Minotaurus Rex posted:

I’m loving the ebook thing. This is so much better than paper books imo, you can carry them all with you, read in the dark, hold it with one hand and on your side lying down.. just ergonomically it smacks the poo poo outta paper. Not to mention you can carry loadsa books at once, travelling with this things going to be sweeeet. Definitely consider me an ereader convert

They sure are awesome, so many great upsides. The ease of carrying a whole library with you is truly special. I'm still rocking a 3rd gen Kindle keyboard after a decade plus. It desperately needs a battery replacement but holds enough juice to read a few books, so I put it off. The biggest improvement I can see for an upgrade is that glorious lighted screen.

With all that said though I still think a bookshelf filled with someones favorite books is a beautiful thing.