Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

hatersg2haet posted:

The Kindle allows you to highlight text quite simply. While it's not touch highlighting (you use the arrows and the cursor clicking center once to start highlighting moving the cursor to the end of your highlight and clicking a second time.) in my opinion it's superior to Sony's highlighting. It syncs across platforms. It provides on the fly definitions from highlighted items, and it allows you to save those highlighted items into bulleted cliff notes for later use.

Where does it go when it syncs? I've been wanting to get my highlights on my phone and on my desktop client but can't find them on either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

movax posted:

Just how awful is Kindle 3 PDF support? I saw that Kindle 2 would be $90 tomorrow...then did some more research, and I figure it's about time I pull the trigger on a Kindle, it looks great.

But, my primary content would be PDFs (including some textbooks), which may or may not be just huge image after huge image, and if that falls apart entirely, not too interested then.

I guess my main question is: what reader should I choose for primarily viewing "medium" complexity PDFs? Please don't say netbook. :(

It's slow and never formats the correct width for the screen. I converted a few PDFs this weekend with Calibre though, and they all look great on the Kindle 2, Kindle 3, and Nook that I put the converted files onto.

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Okay this is really pissing me off, I need to get my Kindle updated to 3.0.2 from 3.0.1 but I can't find the update anywhere because Amazon is only posting their preview for 3.0.3. Is there a link floating around somebody can point me to? I've got lockups like whoa.

Edit: And of course found it 2 seconds after posting
https://s3.amazonaws.com/G7G_FirmwareUpdates_WebDownloads/Update_kindle_3.0.2_B008.bin

Ferg fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Dec 17, 2010