Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vkeios
May 7, 2007

pienipple posted:

Please stop with the bullshit prices. There's no reason for the ebook to be more than the paperback edition. I recently decided to re-read Lies My Teacher Told Me because I remember enjoying it and I haven't seen my copy since I lent it to someone in 8th grade. It was available for $4.50 for Kindle, so I bought it.
Thanks for pointing that price out.

And you might want to think about A People's History of the World instead. Its a bit cheaper, and its quite an amazing book.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vkeios
May 7, 2007

They do have tables of contents with direct links. I believe Amazon actually requires it.

Also you can use the arrow keys to skip to the next chapter.

vkeios
May 7, 2007

doctorfrog posted:

Yep, and yep! I wish there was an easier way to download the Instapaper from my Kindle, though. Navigating to that tiny kindle button on the Kindle browser is a bit of a pain.
Any chance you have a mac? Also works for things that are not a Kindle.

vkeios
May 7, 2007

low-key-taco posted:

Isn't a screensaver on an e-ink device kinda weird? If it only uses power when you change the screen why ever change the screen unless you are reading?
So you can tell that the device is asleep, of course. Otherwise, someone stupid (like me) would be jabbing the next page button for half a minute wondering why it doesn't work.