Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

My kindle has started going slightly blueish on the corners.

I think its the dye or something from the official case rubbing off on the kindle. Its hardly really noticeable but its one of those things that now I know its there its driving me nuts. Can't seem to clean it off either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Plinkey posted:

This isn't exactly true, you can still find most any book :filez:. I think it has more to do with that fact that the infrastructure (eReaders) was in place before the files started showing up. This is basically how the music industry would have been in 2000ish if iTunes store and the first iPod came out at exactly the same time, and before people were used to getting mp3s for fee.

It's now the normal way to get books through your eReader's software, so they don't think twice about it...that's just how it works to everyone. It's also a lot harder to find book because we don't have something like Napster for ebooks.

Actually books have been up to download long before eBooks started growing. I think it has all to do with the ease of purchase rather than anything else. Steam, iTunes, everything has shown that if you provide an easy way to buy stuff, people buy stuff.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Anyone know if the kindle 2 will get any new software updates? I suspect not but worth asking I guess.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

losimagic posted:

Is asking for people to show off their custom Kindle screensavers going off-topic? Would like to see what everyone's installed.

Heres the best one on my kindle

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

^^^^^
None of them support PDFs really well at all. The best you're getting is "functional"

fishmech posted:

Unrar the CBR to a folder, place the folder in the Pictures directory on the Kindle, hit next page in the Kindle book menu til you find a "book" with the name of the folder. Now you're reading comics on a stock Kindle.

You could also just convert it in calibre.