Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Major Ryan
May 11, 2008

Completely blank

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Anyone pick up a Kobo Forma recently? Quality issues still abound?

Got one a couple of months back. The page turn buttons are a bit sticky and feel cheap considering the cost of it. After a couple of clicks they loosen up and aren’t an issue.

Other than that I’d say it’s well built - feels very solid, backlight is consistent, feels like it’d survive a drop and so on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Major Ryan
May 11, 2008

Completely blank
I buy 30-40 books a year through Kobo with VIP which is generally enough for a couple of free books as well as the discount (which seems to be decreasing on the number of books it applies to, but still a decent amount). That's absolutely worth $10 to me, but if you're buying fewer books then maybe not.