Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
How do people like the size of the Kobo Aura One? I had an old Nook Touch. It seemed a little small and died shortly after the warranty expired.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
I'm somewhat interested in getting the Kobo Aura One, but it's never in stock in the US.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
I ended up going for a $50 discounted refurb Kindle Voyage for something like $120. After watching the unresponsiveness of the Aura One in Youtube videos, it seemed like the rational choice. Especially considering what you get for the price!

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
I read a couple of volumes of manga on my Voyage, but I sincerely recommend getting an iPad. The base model is $330 now.

The extra screen size makes a huge difference in the legibility of most works. You can actually see the details in the artwork too!

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
I'm probably going to pick up a Libra color to replace my Voyage. The contrast looks decent in the Reddit photos. I'm not sure I'll use color all that often, but it helps justify the upgrade when my Voyage still functions decently. I'd also love to get out of the Amazon ecosystem.