Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

marchantia
Nov 5, 2009

WHAT IS THIS
Just got a Nook!

I'm graduating in a few weeks and am looking forward to having some extra time to actually read for fun again. Currently loading up on my classics...I'd love to actually finish Anna Karenina sometime...

Anyway, sounds like I was pretty lucky to get the new software update. The nooks in the store that I was goofing around on were updating as I was looking at them. Good timing? I'm pretty excited and I really like it so far. I'm looking forward to figuring out how Overdrive works and using that. I live in the Twin Cities and the selection isn't fabulous, but it isn't horrible either. I also have access to the South-Central Wisconsin one as well, so I'll have to see what they have available.

I'm totally a convert. When the kindle came out around $400 bucks, I swore I would never own one of these things, but only a few years later, here I am. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marchantia
Nov 5, 2009

WHAT IS THIS
I have a Nook - if I want to use Calibre to keep all my books organized, is there any way to get it to recognize things bought off of Barnes and Noble along with whatever I get off Gutenberg, etc.? The only way I can get around this at the moment is using the nook PC app and then downloading them to a folder on my PC so Calibre can see them there.

Additionally, is there any way to change the download folder from the nook PC app? I want to put all my books together somewhere else on my hard drive than where the stupid program thinks they should be...right now I have this extra folder in my documents and I have to copy the books over to where I want them, which is a pain in the rear end, but doable I suppose.