Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pennfalath
Sep 10, 2011

Why are these teenagers not at home studying their Latin vocabulary?
My faithful Kobo Aura HD's screen got busted recently, so I'm thinking of either the Clara Colour or the Clara BW.

Questions
- I don't really need colour, but I read that the Colour has a faster processor. Is that true and significant enough?
- In the event I do get the Colour, is the colour aspect mainly for making notes/highlighting and looking at the nice covers, or is there another aspect I'm missing? pdfs of comics?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennfalath
Sep 10, 2011

Why are these teenagers not at home studying their Latin vocabulary?

Branch Nvidian posted:

Clara BW has a 1 GHz CPU, supposedly a MediaTek MT8113L, while the Clara Colour has a “Dual 2.0
GHz” CPU. Since these are ereaders though I don’t think it’s going to make a substantial difference either way.

The color screen is for notes and color book covers, but also for manga/comics. If you don’t read those then just get the BW model and save $20

Wizard of the Deep posted:

It might make a difference with PDFs. I was testing my Aura (which also has a 1ghz CPU) to see how some TTRPG PDFs handled, and it was... not good. Not even functional. This could also be a limitation of the RAM, which nobody really talks about because it's an e-reader.

During day-to-day epub reading, it's not really going to make a noticeable difference.

Thank you both! It is mainly for normal reading, although I might try out my tabletop pdfs, but if they work as badly as on my Aura HD, it's no biggie.