Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
I want a Kobo Libra 2 but can't afford the $170 right now. I know e-readers have a long life, so is there a reputable place to get a refurbished one cheap? I thought about the Clara, but the screen is about the size of my Samsung S22 Ultra and that might be too small. I'm not entirely sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Are older Kindles able to read epub? I see a few cheap ones on Facebook Marketplace but I don't know which I can slap some downloaded epub files onto. A Kobo Libra 2 is out of my budget right now unfortunately.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer

virinvictus posted:

My first and only Kindle was the latest model of the Oasis and I keep looking at the Libra as my next jump since I don’t think they’re going to refresh the Oasis (even though I’m really annoyed they haven’t put out a USB-C model yet).

The buttons are a necessity for me.

I haven't owned an ereader, but I've played with some in stores and yeah, I don't think I could live without buttons either. Something the size of the Kobo Clara would be perfect if it had buttons on the side like my Samsung phone. Just a button you could squeeze while holding it one handed to turn the page would be much better than having to tap or swipe the screen. It's the only reason I haven't bought one. I'm considering it though, I think the ability for it to fit in my pocket would be convenient.