Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bunk Rogers
Mar 14, 2002

Is now the time to jump on the refurb Voyage purchase train or is Amazon trickling out new eReaders slowly? I have a Paperwhite currently but... I need buttons, man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bunk Rogers
Mar 14, 2002

My refurbed Voyage might as well be new.

Bunk Rogers
Mar 14, 2002

Welp. Some Canadian is now rolling in my $200 American dollars. I assume one of y'all got your Kobo from Indigo. Did it really take 3 weeks to arrive?

Also: case recommendations?

Bunk Rogers fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Sep 10, 2017

Bunk Rogers
Mar 14, 2002

https://www.bookbub.com/ does a pretty good job

Bunk Rogers
Mar 14, 2002

I absolutely love my Remarkable 2. Hope Bezos doesn’t torpedo the company.

Bunk Rogers
Mar 14, 2002

PirateBob posted:

Just a heads-up to Kindle users:

If you sideload books onto it via usb or email, like when you put your collection of "free" .azw3 ebooks on it, don't let your Kindle connect to the internet. Keep it in airplane mode always.

Why? Because if it connects it'll simply delete all your sideloaded books.

I assume it's some kind of assholish anti-piracy measure. "Use the eReader you paid a lot of money for exclusively for buying books from Amazon, don't use it the way you want, or we'll gently caress you over".

This has not been my experience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bunk Rogers
Mar 14, 2002

All these years and Amazon has left all my devices in peace.