Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
I'm looking to pick up an ereader. My current library is just a few dozen epubs managed by Aldiko and exactly 1 book that I bought through the Kindle app.

I went in thinking I'd spend around $100-150ish, and I figured I'd wait to see if there's any memorial day sales this coming up weekend. After looking at some reviews, it feels like so long as I stick with a newer Kindle, Kobo, or even Onyx I can't go too wrong, is this true?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

I just got a Libra 2 and each time I charge the battery I'm reading an entire book out of the Wheel of Time series. I am doing it at night so the brightness is low, but I still feel like I can't really ask for anything more out of the battery.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

That makes me wonder how long it would last without using the backlight. Were those 5-6k pages with or without a backlight?

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Kerbtree posted:

Check your page refresh setting.

I immediately set it to per page since I read about people seeing ghost images when it was per chapter for them (maybe even in this thread). I think it's fine I don't get 5000 pages per charge.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Indigo accidentally leaked one of the rumored Kobo ereader supporting color (from FCC filings earlier this year).

https://www.reddit.com/r/kobo/comments/1bvqk6z/kobo_libra_colour_campaign_photos_and_information/

Edit: And saw another from FNAC for color Clara as well.

https://www.reddit.com/media?url=ht...dcfb288ec855dc3

Looks like we're getting the official announcement on April 10th, I'm sure they're happy with the hype the leaks are generating though