Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Do 2014 Abarths have a known problem of PCM's going bad? I bought mine new two weeks ago and after 160 miles of driving, had a CEL (idle issue and throttle input issue were the codes returned). I took it to the dealer who diagnosed the PCM and being bad and was told that it'd be 2 weeks to get a new one.
I started harassing Fiat customer care, their facebook and twitter to get the PCM delivery expedited, which it was, reducing the time from 2 weeks to 1. The new PCM arrived at the dealer on Tuesday afternoon and I dropped my car off yesterday.

Today during lunch however, I get a call from customer care, apparently the dealer installed the new PCM and then had to work with Fiat engineering support because the one they expedited is ALSO defective, so another PCM is being sent out while I'm driving a godawful 500 pop auto as a loaner.

I've about had it with this goddamn car.

Cactrot fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Sep 18, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Nitrox posted:

What other issues have you had?

That was the first one, just a frustrating experience. Turns out the diag was wrong and it was actually a bad throttle body so I waited over a week for the wrong part.

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

The USB on my 2014 abarthis the finickiest thing, it can't read my phone, it'll read my 8 gig flash drive, but not a 2 or 32 GB one.

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Tanz-Kommandant posted:

for example my passenger side side skirt peeled away from the body,

This is starting to happen slightly on my 14, is that a thing that they'll fix under factory warranty?

• Locked thread