Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

butterypancakes
Aug 19, 2006

mmm pancakes
The D90 is not worth buying for video. The D7000 might be my favorite DSLR to shoot with... and by that I mean the most tolerable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

butterypancakes
Aug 19, 2006

mmm pancakes
In my experience the D7000 is sharper than a 7D and certainly sharper than the 5D. It is a DSLR so, no decent audio, you're basically guessing at your exposure, 20 minute clip length. More often than not it's our B cam with an AF100, they cut together fine.

butterypancakes
Aug 19, 2006

mmm pancakes
Video Copilot won't teach you anything other than how to copy a tutorial. Lynda is a great place to start.

butterypancakes
Aug 19, 2006

mmm pancakes

AIIAZNSK8ER posted:

When I exported as full lossless .avi

There is a difference between no codec full RGB lossless video and an uncompressed codec. With most 8 bit uncompressed codecs you probably could have played it. There's really no need for that though, DNxHD, Cineform or ProRes are made for this very reason.

butterypancakes
Aug 19, 2006

mmm pancakes
I trust Ae with a 3:2 pulldown more than Compressor. You'd probably better just deliver 23PsF on this project though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

butterypancakes
Aug 19, 2006

mmm pancakes

powderific posted:

I'm starting to play with some motion tracking stuff in After Effects and I'm curious as to what governs its performance. It seems to take forever, but looking at activity monitor my CPU is barely spiking at all. I'm on an quad core i7 MBP with 8 gigs of RAM, working off of a FW800 drive. Could the FW800 connection be slowing it down somehow?

What format is the footage?

Also, what you're tracking in Ae is probably better tracked in Mocha.