Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Question. I wanted to get into using my Canon R6 to make little travel videos for myself (no captured audio, short clips, music over top). I found that the post work required was not to my taste and dropped the idea. BUT, I really love black and white video. So my question is: would shooting in black and white be easier from a post-production standpoint? Could I just shoot, edit the clips into the sequence I want, and have a usable outcome (provided I exposed correctly in the first place), or would I still need to do a lot of post-work on the contrast and whatnot to have usable footage?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

VelociBacon posted:

For a professional production you'd want to do a lot of contrast and levels adjustment but for what you're doing I'd honestly use your phone with a black and white filter on whatever clips you're wanting.

Yeah that makes sense. I’m going to NYC and just want a 1-3 minute series of interesting scenes in B&W to share with my friends and family