Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MisterFreshman
Aug 30, 2008
How hare are NLEs to learn? I've been playing with Sony Vegas for about 10 years to make little videogame frag movies or edit clips of friends and family stuff (parties, birthdays, etc). I'm fairly comfortable with the basics of the program which, on top of being a slow learner of new software, makes me hesitant to try learning on a non linear editing program. I get the feeling without a timeline I would get almost disoriented trying to keep track of everything.

This year I got back into playing with videos and me and some friends plan on making a short film. I'm trying to experiment with and learn After Effects, basically just going through all the videocopilot basic training + tutorials and the Lynda AE CS4 basics. Right now I add lovely special effects and stuff in AE, then render it in a lossless format and put it into Vegas to put the clips, transitions, and audio together.

Are there any "Go-to" places you guys generally recommend for learning more about editing? And, if this is the right thread, to learn about special effects as well?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU