Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Unexpected EOF
Dec 8, 2008

I'm a Bro-ny!

bassguitarhero posted:

Seriously. A buddy of mine from college just bought a 5D and won't shut the gently caress up about how much better it is than my HVX.

Okay yeah your camera that came out in the last year is better than my HVX I've had for 5 years. Duh. But I've also paid for the camera a dozen times over and shot movies across the world. So I don't need some waiter with his new DSLR talkin poo poo about my camera

And of course you get piles of insufferable morons who post job ads who ONLY want a DP with their own 5D so they can do every single shot with a ridiculous DoF.

But that's the industry for ya

Good god, I know this post is ancient but this is something that always pisses me off and is only related to your post in the name of a single product.

I loving hate people who just got an HVX camera and expect me to fix all of their footage because they don't realise how much light the thing eats up. This obviously doesn't apply to you since you give me the impression that you know how to use your camera, but every so often I get some student coming to me with some HVX footage they want me to comp something into and goddamnit poo poo gently caress I can't fix your footage because you hosed up.

Basically, I'd really like it if people made sure they were properly lighting their shots and maybe used a monitor instead of the really inaccurate LCD the HVX has.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unexpected EOF
Dec 8, 2008

I'm a Bro-ny!

1st AD posted:

Why not just get used to looking at the EVF + waveform/vectorscope?

Because on the HVX it is a notorious piece of poo poo. I love the camera to death when somebody knows how to shoot with one but 90% of the time when I get footage from one it's a trainwreck. The worst time for me was when somebody used an adapter kit to attach another lens to it and the adapter+lens combo ended up eating another stop. It was just so loving dark I had to wonder why nobody noticed.

Unexpected EOF
Dec 8, 2008

I'm a Bro-ny!

NeuroticErotica posted:

Hey guys - here's how to be a movie editor! Thank me later!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeaNfBfsAsE&NR=1

You'd think a good editor could make his 2m30s video not seem like it's 45m long.

Unexpected EOF
Dec 8, 2008

I'm a Bro-ny!
I seem to recall that there's a keystroke I can use in conjunction with the mousewheel to scrub through footage in After Effects and Premiere. Does anyone remember how to enable this? Nothing I've tried works.

Unexpected EOF
Dec 8, 2008

I'm a Bro-ny!

Peacebone posted:

those looking to buy Final Cut might want to wait on Final Cut X. Though I wonder if the price tag indicates that it doesn't carry everything that studio has but I hope I'm wrong.

http://mashable.com/2011/04/13/final-cut-pro-x/

Jesus christ, those comments.

"You see, they slightly changed the interface. This means that literally everything in Final Cut Pro 7 must be gone now and they just added some editing tools to iMovie!"

Unexpected EOF
Dec 8, 2008

I'm a Bro-ny!
Which version of Premiere? Also, what are the specs of the WAV itself?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unexpected EOF
Dec 8, 2008

I'm a Bro-ny!

AIIAZNSK8ER posted:

Well, I don't know what freak conditions I ran into. It was the first clip I had tried with this recorder. I recorded a new thing last night and everything is groovy. No more issues.

Thank goodness for that. I've actually been trying desperately to reproduce the issue with every project setting and clip I could produce/get my hands on and wondering what the gently caress was going on.

Not even joking.