Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nbv4
Aug 21, 2002

by Duchess Gummybuns

How can I change the resolution of the sequencer? In the screenshot, there is a 1 second interval between 'ticks', but I need to sync some audio and video up that require millisecond precision. (Obviously using Premiere Pro CS5.5)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nbv4
Aug 21, 2002

by Duchess Gummybuns

CaptainViolence posted:

Drag the light gray part of that bar back and forth.

That just changes the zoom. I want to be able to place an audio channel so that it starts at 0:01:14.38 instead of just on 0:01:14.00 seconds. Does that make sense? Right now I can only place items on the ticks. As I drag an audio channel across the sequencer, it snaps to the ticks.

nbv4
Aug 21, 2002

by Duchess Gummybuns

FLX posted:

At the right there's a menu where you can switch to audio units:

Edit: While you can move and trim audio tracks more precisely like this, a video track's smallest resolution is still one frame, even when you move/trim a video clip in audio mode. Make sure to switch back to video units before editing video tracks again to not get sub-frame gaps or misalignments, since those will be "rounded up" to the next full video frame.

Edit 2: I think the shortcut in Premiere to move a selected clip by the currently smallest increment in the timeline (1 frame or 1 audio unit respectively) is ALT-left/right arrow. For ten units at a time it's SHIFT-ALT-left/right arrow.

This is what I'm trying to create: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EHBdhVubNQ

Basically, I have 4 videos with the same soundtrack that I need to overlap exactly onto each other. Each video has it's own soundtrack, which is just music that the camera's built in crappy mic picked up. I'm only using that audio to match the videos together. The final product will have the mp3's playing directly.

In the example I posted, each dance track is off by a few seconds (I'm too lazy to get them synced up better because I can't get it perfect anyways), which is why it kind of looks weird. How can I get them exactly synced up in Premiere? This is my first foray into video editing, so I need a little help :shobon:

nbv4
Aug 21, 2002

by Duchess Gummybuns

Gunjin posted:

Set your sequence settings for audio to display "audio samples"
Unlink the video & audio tracks
In the timeline fly-out menu, checkmark "show audio time units"
Right click the counter to show "audio samples" instead of miliseconds
Now nudging the audio with alt+arrowkey or dragging the audio track should be subframe

Ah thanks, this is how I got it to work.

By the way, does anybody have any recommendations on the best way to blend each video together. Right now I have the opacity set to 25% for each video. Is there a better way? Also, which blending mode should I use (color burn, linear burn, overlay, dissolve, luminosity, etc)?