Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mike Works
Feb 26, 2003
Hey dudes, this is a completely beginner newbie question here, but I have recorded and am in the process of editing a video I shot on an iPhone 4 in high def. The video is for a project for a university film class. I've been editing the whole thing in Windows Movie Maker that came with Windows 7.

The problem I'm having is that the movie I'm making is going to be spliced in with movie footage shot in (4:3). This is making the movie look really rough, since scenes will just skip from having bars on the side (movie footage) to no bars (my footage).

So, my question is, is there any way to easily put black bars on the left and right of my high def footage to give it a sense of symmetry? Or perhaps on just the entire movie once I've finished editing it?

Sorry if this is a dumb question; I just have next to no clue what I'm doing. Cheers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU