Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?

butterypancakes posted:

Not sure why people are so disappointed, it's not ready, so don't use it yet.

I think they're disappointed because it's not ready. It's iMovie Pro right now. Still hella slick, and I am going to totally fall in love with some of the features, but I can see why people moving from FCP7 are disappointed with it. It's not at a professional level. I'm not a professional editor, so I'm not about to demonize Apple for abandoning professionals, since I have time to learn how to use it, and don't have to worry about my workflow slowing down like crazy. It would have been nice for it to be more like FCP and less like iMovie, though. But considering it's a totally new piece of software, it makes sense that there's going to be a learning curve, and missing features on the first loving day.

It's definitely got great potential, and I'm considering it a version 1.0 release, so bring on the updates, Apple! :)

I use a Canon T2i, and so far, I haven't been able to get X to identify my camera in "Import From Camera". Am I missing something, or is it just not a compatible camera?

Cpt. Spring Types fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Jun 22, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU