Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

~boop boop beep motherfucker~
Hey guys, whatcha workin on in here? :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

cubicle gangster posted:

Anyone here tried lightworks yet? They're making it free and open source.

http://www.lightworksbeta.com/

Our server is down for the morning in work so i'm giving it a go now :)

That looks pretty...OSX release scheduled for 2011, guess I have to wait.

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

Unexpected EOF posted:

You'd think a good editor could make his 2m30s video not seem like it's 45m long.

*starts with master shot*

So you want to be an editor?

*digitally crops the original image in closer*

Well I can tell you how to do it! In today's world all you need to start is your home computer and some footage.

*cuts to shot of things happening on a computer monitor*

*cuts back to the master*

*back to a closer image of an editing program*

*back to the master*

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

1st AD posted:

Hey, this isn't the RedLetterMedia reviews Episode 3 thread.

If there's anything I know it's that you listen to the 1st AD. Apologies. I will go back to setting up c-stands. :(

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

1st AD posted:

I spent 16 hours setting up and moving and breaking down c-stands yesterday :(

I'm in grad school for film and we have an upcoming thesis production cycle. I asked to grip amongst other things and instead they have me boom oping, two shows on electric, 2nd ac, and art dept. Decidedly not gripping.

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

I'm crossposting this from the cinematography thread.

We're having trouble getting a Tangent Wave panel to work with DaVinci Resolve Lite. It's sitting in test mode but not doing much of anything else. Has anyone encountered a problem like this before and have any suggestions?

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

Do you guys know how to rebuilt an MXF index file from the MXF files themselves coming off a Canon C300? I had a card corrupt on me.

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

BeavisNuke posted:

Have you guys tried the pancake timeline method in Premiere? It's pretty neat. Supposedly Fincher's editors for the social network and girl with the dragon tattoo used it.

http://vashivisuals.com/adobe-cs6-5-editing-tips-for-music-videos/

I know their PA/Assistant Editor, and that's definitely part of their workflow. I DIT'd a short that their PA was hired to edit, and he had me set up the project file in their workflow, so it was a fun thing to learn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

Man I haven't posted in this thread in FOREVER.

I'm thinking of building a sorta low/middle editing PC, likely to run Premier on to do some basic editing.

Do any of y'all have a build on something like https://pcpartpicker.com/ that you like for something like that? Maybe in the $600-800 kind of range?

So far as I can tell I should spend my money on processor and RAM. Does that seem right?

EnsGDT fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Aug 27, 2015