Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Something Else
Dec 27, 2004

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

BonoMan posted:

Edit: I use premiere Pro in after effects in conjunction with each other all the time... But don't use the dynamic link function to go from premiere to after effects... It seems in theory that it would work well but it often does nothing but lead to trouble down the line

It's a nice way to get your clip into AE, but I almost always hit undo in Premiere right afterwards... I don't need some weird fake XML object on my timeline. Only cold hard footage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Something Else
Dec 27, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Tim & Eric, Steve Brule, and early seasons of Eric Andre actually did regularly use analog cameras to achieve their look. I believe an Ikegama was a favorite. The editors would also recapture episodes through a VHS deck while hitting it with a hammer to get certain effects

Something Else
Dec 27, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
If the course description didn’t mention a particular program, then they just want you to understand fundamentals of non-linear editing. Resolve is the best free option for this. Adobe Premiere would be the next best option, particularly with student discounts that Adobe might offer. Avid is not worth learning on your own though if the school trains you on it, it is useful to know professionally. No other program is worth your time.

Something Else
Dec 27, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
New features and versions should always be treated with suspicion and contempt

Something Else
Dec 27, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Make the temporary lovely version in Premiere, finish it in After Effects. Or just use either one, they work the same for basic stuff

Something Else
Dec 27, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Dynamic linking is great for getting the plate you need into AE quickly. I would never leave a linked comp on the Premiere timeline beyond that though, you gotta render that stuff for reliable playback

Something Else
Dec 27, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
YouTube is absolutely drenched in good resources for both programs, especially if you know exactly what you’re trying to do

Something Else
Dec 27, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Nest the text and nameplate graphic together, then apply the scale effect to the nest

Something Else
Dec 27, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Download DaVinci Resolve. Watch YouTube videos. Put clips in the NLE and gently caress around with them. That’s it! Do not spend any money on learning this stuff (or making videos if you can help it). There truly is a wealth of knowledge on YouTube for nearly any possible question you could have about the functions of the NLE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Something Else
Dec 27, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Copy the 50 clips to 50 individual sequences named as you like and export them all