Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

What’s the easiest way to do karaoke style titles? With words that change color as the lyrics should be sung.

https://youtu.be/1K9rZvlQCAg

I’m subscribed to a lot of homebrew karaoke channels that have sprung up on YouTube and want to take a shot at making my own video(s).

I know many channels use a paid software made specifically for karaoke videos, but I was wondering what other options there might be. Either within a video editor or a more specific tool like subtitling software.

I have very little experience in editing, mainly using Shotcut and an outdated version of HitFilm Pro that I bought years ago in a Humble Bundle. So I have some knowledge, but have only played with the most basic of functions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

EL BROMANCE posted:

https://youtu.be/WKDIhErILac

I was looking for something karaoke related recently and stumbled upon this vid, wasn’t what I needed but might be more applicable for you.

Thanks. I came across that video a week or two ago but didn’t pay much attention since he was using Karaoke Builder as part of his workflow.

I’ll take a closer look and maybe check out YouTube Movie Maker, which is free but apparently harder to use than Karaoke Builder (paid, and it’s not clear on the website what the trial limitations are).

Just wanted to see what other options there might be before putting any money towards it. Guess there’s no harm in downloading it and checking it out, though.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Yeah, lotta cool poo poo in there. Nice job.