Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MMD3
May 16, 2006

Montmartre -> Portland
A friend is throwing a Tron themed party and asked me to edit together some footage from old and new together into a loop to be projected on the wall.

Unfortunately I haven't done any video editing in a number of years so I'm running into some road blocks right off the bat.

I figured apple.com/trailers would be the best source of footage from the new Tron so I downloaded some clips and tried to import them into Premiere Pro but no such luck... same problem with iMovie apparently.

Can someone tell me if it's just because they're h264 compressed? I can't think of any other way to get decent footage that I could edit but it'd be good to know if there's a plugin I can get to be able to import these before I go off tracking down other sources.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MMD3
May 16, 2006

Montmartre -> Portland

bassguitarhero posted:

Maybe try opening them in Mpeg Streamclip and export to another format. Are you working on PC or Mac?

Also maybe try downloading the files from another site like youtube, a high-quality trailer on their site might still be worth using once it's transcoded.

apparently I'm a complete idiot... I had downloaded the quicktime containers. Hadn't installed QT Pro on my new system before this so I was trying to load the reference files (which show up as .mov) into Premiere. Once I downloaded the actual files I was able to edit them no problem.

although then the problem that arose is that once I burned to mpeg2 and authored to dvd it looked really horrible. I'll just have to figure out a better way to get the files on dvd without compromising the quality too much next time.