Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sethsez
Jul 14, 2006

He's soooo dreamy...

Well ain't that some bullshit.

I have some hope for the future of FCPX, but there's no reason for it to have been released in this state. Nobody was chomping at the bit to pay $300 for a beta with significantly fewer features than the previous version.

If this doesn't get updated fast I could see it being more damaging to Apple's position in the editing world than if they had just gone another year without updates. I mean, that would have hurt too, but releasing a product that can't export to tape? That's actively pushing people to look for alternatives.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sethsez
Jul 14, 2006

He's soooo dreamy...

exponentory posted:

All problems aside, scrubbing through a fully rendered sequence is delightfully fast.

Yeah, there are some really nice things going on under the hood, which is part of what makes the rest of it such a drat shame.

sethsez
Jul 14, 2006

He's soooo dreamy...

butterypancakes posted:

The dumbest thing I've read in a long time... and this last week on this side of the internet has been nuts.

Apple will fix FCP X. If you're really into knee jerk decisions go ahead and jump ship.

There's no ship to jump. People are fond of saying "it's a complete ground-up rewrite" to defend it, but the reality of that is that transitioning from FCP7 to FCPX is the same as going from FCP7 to Avid or Premiere.

People can either stick with what they have (FCP7), or transition to a completely new product (Avid, Premiere, or FCPX). But the platform FCP7 users are on right now is effectively gone, with no more support and no ability to purchase further licenses. Going to FCPX is "jumping ship" as much as any other transition... the only difference being that it's at a worse place right now than the alternatives.